Fairfax Financing Authority
The Fairfax Financing Authority is a separate government entity whose purpose is to assist with the financing or refinancing of certain public capital facilities within the Town. The Authority has the power to purchase bonds issued by any local agency at public or negotiated sale and may sell such bonds to public or private purchasers at public or negotiated sale. The Town Council is the governing body and Town staff performs all accounting and administrative functions for the Authority.
Budget and Audit
The Board meets on an as-needed basis. All meetings are held subject to and in accordance with the Brown Act. Click on the links below for the meeting minutes. Please note that the Board meetings are held during Town Council meetings.
- August 6, 2008 Town Council Meeting (see page 6)
- February 1, 2012 Town Council Meeting (see page 4)
- April 6, 2016
- November 2, 2016
- August 5, 2020
- September 2, 2020
Elected and Appointed Officials
The elected Fairfax Town Council sits as the Fairfax Financing Authority Board of Directors, with the elected Fairfax Town Clerk as Secretary of the Board, and the Town Manager acts as the Executive Director of the Board.
Statement of Facts – Roster of Public Agencies Filing
Town staff perform all accounting and administrative functions for the Authority.
- JPA Agreement, dated 2008
- Resolution 2567 of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Approving, Authorizing, and Directing Execution of a Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement Relating to the California Municipal Finance Authority (adopted 8-6-08)
- Resolution 2568 of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Authorizing Execution and Delivery of Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement with California Municipal Finance Authority, Establishing the Fairfax Financing Authority (adopted 8-6-08)
- Resolution 2008-1 of the Board of Directors of the Fairfax Financing Authority Approving By-laws and a Conflict of Interest Code, and Setting the time and Place for Regular Meetings of the Board” (adopted 8-6-08)
Public Record Request
- When making your request, please be as specific as possible.
- For paper copies, the Town charges $.25 per page for the first 10 pages, and $.10 per page thereafter.
- You may also schedule an appointment to view the records at Town Hall.