The Town Council has embarked on a series of public discussions to determine what types of commercial cannabis regulations are desired for Fairfax. In addition to those discussions, the Council held a panel discussion and a forum with a Q&A session with an industry expert (HdL Companies)
Please note that while the regulations are under discussion, the Council enacted a temporary moratorium on commercial cannabis activities in town, except for medical marijuana dispensaries which are currently allowed in Town.
Below are the meetings at which the Council discussed the issue of non-medical commercial cannabis. To read the staff reports relating to the discussions, click on the dates below.
- October 4, 2017, Item 11: cannabis status report
- November 1, 2017, Item 10: urgency ordinance (temporary moratorium) and supplement
- March 7, 2018, Item 11: local cannabis regulatory options and supplement
- July 18, 2018, Item 27: local cannabis regulatory options
- August 1, 2018, Item 17: local cannabis regulatory options and supplement
- August 15, 2018, Item 2: local cannabis regulatory options
- October 3, 2018,Item 11: Urgency ordinance extending temporary moratorium
To watch video of the panel discussion and forum click on the following: