Prior to enacting current legislation, the Town Council embarked on a series of public discussions to determine what types of commercial cannabis regulations were desired for Fairfax. In addition to those discussions, the Council held a panel discussion and a forum with a Q&A session with an industry expert (HdL Companies).
Ordinance 834 Amending and Restating Chapter 17.110 – Cannabis Uses
Ordinance 835 Amending Chapter 5.56 – Cannabis Businesses
Below are the some of the meetings at which the Council discussed the issue of non-medical commercial cannabis. To read the staff reports relating to the discussions, click on the dates below.
- October 4, 2017, Item 11: cannabis status report
- November 1, 2017, Item 10: urgency ordinance (temporary moratorium) and supplement
- March 7, 2018, Item 11: local cannabis regulatory options and supplement
- July 18, 2018, Item 27: local cannabis regulatory options
- August 1, 2018, Item 17: local cannabis regulatory options and supplement
- August 15, 2018, Item 2: local cannabis regulatory options
- October 3, 2018,Item 11: Urgency ordinance extending temporary moratorium
To watch video of the panel discussion and forum click on the following:
Panel Discussion (December 11, 2017)
Forum (May 30, 2018)
For more information, visit the Town Council Meeting archives, which contain video and minutes of each meeting.