The finance administration program plans, organizes, leads, and monitors the activities of the three finance and IT programs: administration, revenue management, and accounting.
- Developing and implementing efficient and effective financial policies, plans, and reporting systems that help the operating departments achieve their objectives and ensure the Town’s long-term fiscal health.
- Protecting the Town’s assets from unauthorized use.
- Effectively using the Town’s information technology resources in improving productivity, customer service, and public access to Town information.
Fiscal policy advice and guidance
- Developing innovative and cost-effective ways of financing Town services and facilities; preparing and implementing policies and plans for effectively managing the Town’s financial resources and preserving its long term financial health; advising the Council and Town Manager on fiscal matters; coordinating the preparation of the Town’s annual financial plan and budget; and reviewing the Council agenda reports and other policy documents for fiscal impacts and ongoing legal compliance.
- Coordinating department training activities; develop departmental work programs and monitoring performance; preparing and administering departmental budgets; maintaining departmental records; and representing departmental programs before the public, community groups, Council, staff, and other public agencies.