California’s universal indoor masking mandate lifts Wednesday, February 16th, but masks will still be required in certain settings, regardless of vaccination status. What does this mean for Marin residents?
The need for masks:
- If you are unvaccinated, you must still wear a mask indoors until completion of a COVID-19 vaccination series.
- If you are fully vaccinated (with or without a booster), masks are optional indoors.
Certain settings will continue to require masking, regardless of vaccination status:
- On public transit
- Indoors in K-12 schools and childcare
- Emergency shelters and heating/cooling centers
- Health care settings
- State and local correctional facilities and detention centers
- Homeless shelters
- Long term care settings and adult senior care facilities
Click here to read more on the Marin Health and Human Services website.