FAQ Topic: Parking and Traffic Citations

How can I contest a parking violation?

Directions are on the reverse of your copy of the parking citation.  Do not send payment if contesting! Pursuant to California Vehicle Code Section 40215(a) you may contest the citation within 21 days of Issuance by requesting an Administrative Review.  You may request an Administrative Review of the citation by filing a written request on … Continued

How can I contest a traffic citation?

A person who receives a traffic citation may contest it by going to the court he/she is cited to (listed on the citation) and posting bail (paying the amount of the citation). After the person has posted bail, the court clerk will assign a court date. On the specified date, the person will be able … Continued

Close window