How can I contest a parking violation?

Directions are on the reverse of your copy of the parking citation.  Do not send payment if contesting!

Pursuant to California Vehicle Code Section 40215(a) you may contest the citation within 21 days of Issuance by requesting an Administrative Review.  You may request an Administrative Review of the citation by filing a written request on line at Click on Citation Search and enter the FX or M #.  You must provide the reason the citation was issued in error and include all applicable documentation, to include photos, relating to your appeal.  Documents submitted will not be returned.  Provide your complete mailing address as you will be notified by mail of the result of your administrative review.  Be advised it may take 2-7 days for the ticket to be registered with Citation Processing Center. The citation # may not appear when entered until it has been received and processed by Citation Processing Center.

Close window