On April 17, Marin Public Health issued a public health order requiring the use of face coverings when people interact with others who are not members of their household in public and private spaces. Governor Gavin Newsom issued an additional order on June 18, mandating face coverings for the entire state. Both orders are in effect until further notice.
Face coverings are required for everyone in Marin — over 2 years old — when:
- at indoor AND outdoor businesses – whether as an employee or a customer
- waiting in line to enter a store
- waiting for and using public transit
- when in a taxi or rideshare
- when seeking healthcare; or visiting a hospital, medical clinic, pharmacy, laboratory, dental office, veterinary clinic or blood bank
- walking outside and within 6 feet of others (about the length of a mattress)