FAQ Topic: Traffic Accidents

How can I obtain a copy of a traffic report?

To obtain a copy of a traffic report, you can come to the Fairfax Police Department five days after the collision to request a copy. Traffic reports can be released to authorized persons such as the victim, the victim’s representative, or as provided in Section 20012 of the Vehicle Code.

Who should make the report if there is a traffic accident?

The Fairfax Police Department will, at the request of an involved party, take a report of any vehicle accident that occurred in Town limits. However, if any of the following conditions are met at the scene of a traffic collision, the Fairfax Police Department should be notified: A person involved in the traffic collision has … Continued

What should I do if I’ve been involved in a traffic accident?

A person should first ensure that no one is injured. If no one is injured, all parties (drivers) should exchange information: driver’s license numbers (if in possession, or known), vehicle license numbers, names, addresses, and phone numbers of all drivers (passengers if possible), and the names of the insurance companies of the drivers involved. The … Continued

Close window