FAQ Topic: Records/Obtaining Police Information

How can I get a copy of a police report?

If you want to request a copy of a crime report, simply come to the police department and make the request. You can only receive a crime report if you are an authorized person such as the victim, the victim’s representative, or as provided in Section 6254 of the Government Code.

Close window