FAQ Topic: Permits & licensing

Use of Ballfield and Mono Ally

Use of Ballfield for Outdoor Classes You may use this form to also apply to use the ballfield for outdoor classes.  All classes are subject to compliance with industry-specific requirements outlined in the Marin County public health orders. Business must list the hours they intend to hold classes.  The use of the ballfield is based … Continued

Use of Public Parking Spaces

Description: Public parking spaces are all parking on public streets, such as Bolinas Rd.. At this time we are not allowing the use of parking spaces within public Town parking lot for private use. Specific Standards: In addition to the common standards listed above, the following standards apply to a Use of Public Parking Spaces Restaurants must … Continued

Use of Public Sidewalks

Specific Standards: In addition to the common standards listed above, the following standards apply to a Use of Public Sidewalks: Dining and retail activity and merchandise display area must be limited to the street frontage width of the business, unless an adjacent business allows the use of their public space. Applications are automatically approved with the … Continued

How do I obtain a dog license?

The Marin Humane Society handles the licensing for dogs for Fairfax. A dog license is required by law for all dogs over the age of four months who live in Marin County. For more information about licensing your dog, updating your record, address changes, or notification of deceased pets, please call the Marin Humane 415.506.6220 or click here. … Continued

Do I need a permit to have an outdoor fire?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec, vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, … Continued

How do I obtain a building permit?

Building permits are required to build, enlarge, alter, remove, demolish, or repair a structure. This includes everything from houses and garages to commercial construction, tenant improvements to signs. Some work does not require.  Prior to getting a building permit, you should first check with the Planning Division to make sure what you want to do is allowed. … Continued

Close window