FAQ Topic: Nuisance Related Questions

How can I report narcotics activity in my neighborhood?

Call the Police Department and report what you are observing. We will send an officer to investigate the complaint. If the problem is a long-term area problem, or occupants of a home, you can have an officer call you or come to your home to better understand the problem. We can then work on a … Continued

What can I do about barking dogs in my neighborhood?

Although pets can provide much companionship and love, they can also become a nuisance to an entire neighborhood if not cared for properly. The Police Department handles all barking dog or other nuisance complaints. Call us and we will try to help you resolve the problem.

What are the regulations regarding construction-related noise?

Operating or permitting the operation of any mechanically powered tools between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday and between 4:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. on weekends and holidays is prohibited, per Fairfax Ordinance No. 770.

What is the law regarding loud vehicle alarms?

The law regarding loud vehicle theft alarm systems is contained in the California Vehicle Code, Section 22651.5. Section 22651.5 in part states that a police officer may, upon complaint, remove a vehicle if the vehicle theft alarm system has been activated for 20 minutes upon the officer’s arrival, and the alarm has not silenced within … Continued

What can I do about my noisy neighbors?

A noisy neighbor may create a disturbance by having a loud television, stereo, or radio. These types of complaints are best handled by a police department because the loud noise is intermittent, occasional, or spontaneous. A loud party is also best resolved by the police officer.

Close window