How can I get my car out of impound?

The registered owner must come to the Fairfax Police Department to obtain a release for the vehicle (releases are only given to the registered owner/s). If the registered owner does not have a valid California driver’s license, he/she must bring along a person who possesses a valid California driver’s license. You should call the police department to see what you need to do to obtain a release. There are various reasons for impounding of vehicles, thus there are different requirements for obtaining a release.

Close window