How can I find if my house is in a flood zone? If so, how does it affect me?

Use this link for information on Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood zones. The Town of Fairfax is responsible for implementing the FEMA regulations for properties within flood zones.  If your property is in a flood zone, special construction techniques (such as building elevation or floodproofing) are required to avoid damage to the structure. The flood regulations also allow homeowners in a flood zone to obtain flood insurance against the costs of repairing building damage caused by flooding.

Close window