Town Council Special Joint Meeting with the Planning Commission: September 22, 2021
SPECIAL JOINT MEETING OF THE FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL and
THE PLANNING COMMISSION TO CONDUCT A STUDY SESSION
Wednesday, September 22, 2021, at 6:30 pm until 9:30 pm (time approximate)
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and Marin County Public Health Orders, Town meetings are being held via teleconference only.
There will be no in-person meeting location. The public can participate in meeting as follows:
- Watch on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/ or https://www.cmcm.tv/27
- Watch on TV Comcast Channel 27 or AT&T Channel 99
- Watch/speak on Zoom: Webinar ID 835 9558 2947 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83595582947
- To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Listen/speak by phone: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 to be added to the speaker queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Prior to the meeting, you may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. Emails received prior to 3pm will be included in the meeting packet.
6:30 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
REGULAR AGENDA (6:30 pm)
- Conduct a joint study session with the Planning Commission to discuss Housing Element progress with a focus on how to involve and include the community in the site selection process to leverage opportunities and meet community desires; how to incorporate equity research into required meaningful actions (AB 686: Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing); evacuation and safety concerns (fire/flood); the “Missing Middle” housing approach; an introduction to the Balancing Act Tool; and an update on public outreach and engagement efforts. – Director of Planning and Building Services Ben Berto; EMC Planning Group
Supplemental item: Attachment B (corrected)
ADJOURNMENT (9:30 pm)
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.