FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
Wednesday, October 20, 2021, at 6:30 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
6:30 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
Due to the declared State of Emergency and to ensure the health and safety of the public by limiting human contact that could spread the COVID-19 virus, and pursuant to AB 361 and Fairfax Town Council Resolution No. 21-40, this meeting will be held via teleconference only.
There will be no in-person meeting location. The public can participate in the meeting as follows:
- Watch on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/ or https://www.cmcm.tv/27
- Watch on TV Comcast Channel 27 or AT&T Channel 99
- Watch/speak on Zoom: Webinar ID 845 5913 7361 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84559137361
To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Listen/speak by phone: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Prior to the meeting, you may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider up to 3:00 pm on the meeting day. All emails will be included in the meeting record.
6:30 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
REPORT OUT ON CLOSED SESSION
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
CONSENT CALENDAR (6:35)
The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote. The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar.
- Receive report on Vegetation Management Grant Program – Recreation & Community Services Manager Maria Baird
- Receive Quarterly Report on Recreation and Community Services Activities from July-September 2021– Recreation and Community Services Manager Anne Mannes
- Adopt a Proclamation in memory of Phyllis Gould (Rosie the Riveter) – Councilmember Coler
- Approve Sponsorship of Temporary Closure of Dominga and Napa Avenues Following the Halloween Parade – Town Clerk
- Receive update on the Town Manager recruitment, and appoint two members of the Town Council to serve on an ad-hoc subcommittee for the Public Works Director recruitment materials – Interim Town Manager Adam Politzer
- Receive results of the Skatepark Survey, the Parks and Recreation Commission’s recommendation regarding the location of a permanent skatepark, and next steps – Recreation & Community Services Manager Maria Baird, Communications Specialist Camille Esposito, Interim Public Works Director Jonathon Goldman
- Receive Quarterly Public Works Update – Interim Public Works Director Jonathon Goldman
REGULAR AGENDA (6:45)
- Receive Countywide Fair Housing Initiatives and Restrictive Covenant Presentation by Marin County Social Equity Program and Policy Coordinator Liz Darby and Senior Planner Jillian Zeiger, and receive Housing/Safety Element Status Update – Planning Director Ben Berto (1 hour)
- Introduction by title only of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 8.44 of Title 8 of the Fairfax Municipal Code, entitled “Clean Indoor and Outdoor Air and Health Protection - Smoking Regulations” to Address Smoking in Multi-Unit Residences; CEQA Exempt Under CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2) and 15060(c)(3) – Town Attorney Janet Coleson, Administrative Analyst Lorena Barrera (10 min.)
- This item has been removed from the agenda and continued to a future meeting . Discussion and consideration of appropriating American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for the Fairfax Water Conservation Program (FWCP) as recommended by the Climate Action Committee – Interim Public Works Director Jonathon Goldman (1 hour)
- Adoption of a Resolution Amending the General Plan to Replace the Terms “Community Character” and “Neighborhood Character” with more Specific Descriptions of the Intended Meaning of those Phrases – Administrative Analyst Lorena Barrera, Planning Director Ben Berto (1 hour)
Attachment A – Resolution with General Plan text amendments
Attachment B – Table
Attachment C – Compilation of information/resources
In memory of
Arthur Trapalis and Linda Marsala
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.