Town Council Special Meeting: October 11, 2022
6:30 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Special Fairfax Town Council Meeting
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022, at 6:30 pm
- In-person at the Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road and
- via Zoom teleconference, Zoom Webinar ID 880 3100 1183
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:45 pm at Fairfax Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
|HYBRID MEETING ADVISORY NOTICE
This meeting will be held in person and, consistent with AB 361 during the declared state of emergency, the 6:30 pm meeting is also being held virtually on Zoom. It will be broadcast on Channels 27 and 99 and livestreamed on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/ or https://www.cmcm.tv/27. How to Participate in the meeting in-person:
* Stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
How to participate remotely:
*Join the Zoom webinar and use the ‘raise hand’ feature to provide verbal public comment: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88031001183
Before 3:00 pm on the day of the meeting you may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider before the meeting. All emails are part of the meeting record.
5:45 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL – APPROVAL OF AGENDA – PUBLIC
COMMENT ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION ON THE FOLLOWING MATTER:
Conference with legal counsel – anticipated litigation
Govt Code section 54956.9(d)(2) & (e)(1)
SPECIAL MEETING IN OPEN SESSION
6:30 PM – CALL TO ORDER – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
REPORT OUT ON CLOSED SESSION
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
1. Proclamation in Honor of NOAH Marin – Mayor Hellman
CONSENT CALENDAR (10 minutes approximately)
The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote. The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council’s vote on the Consent Calendar.
2. Adopt Resolution Approving the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Service Employees International Union, Local 1021 (SEIU) for the Period July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024, and Amending the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget – Town Manager Heather Abrams
3. Adopt Resolution Approving the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Fairfax Police Officer’s Association (FPOA) for the Period July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024, and Amending the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Adopted Budget – Town Manager Heather Abrams
4. Adopt Resolution Establishing Wages and Benefits for Management, Confidential, and Part-time Employees for the Period of July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024 – Town Manager Heather Abrams
Supplemental item – Revised Exhibit A
5. Adopt Resolution Adopting an Annual Salary Schedule – Finance Director Michael Vivrette
6. Authorize the mayor to send a letter of concern to MTC and Caltrans regarding the Highway 37 Interim Solution and Elevated Causeway – Town Clerk Michele Gardner
7. Approve sponsorship of temporary closure of Dominga and Napa Avenues following the Halloween parade –Town Clerk Michele Gardner
REGULAR AGENDA (Times listed are only approximate)
8. Introduce ordinances amending Title 5 of Town Code Chapter 5.54, Just Cause Evictions, and Chapter 5.55, Mandatory Mediation for Rental Increases, with a Rent Stabilization Program – Town Attorney Janet Coleson, Town Manager Heather Abrams, Interim Planning and Building Services Director David Woltering (60 minutes)
9. Continued from the October 6, 2022 Town Council meeting (formerly Item #18): Discuss Green Building Model Reach Code and provide direction to staff – Climate Action Coordinator Sean Youra (45 minutes)
10. Continued from the October 6, 2022 Town Council meeting (formerly Item #17): Discuss allowing amplified music in parklets and provide direction to staff – Town Manager Heather Abrams (30 minutes)
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting notice was posted in accordance with Government Code section 54954.2(a)(1) on or before October 7, 2022.