Town Council Special Meeting: May 12, 2022
REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, May 12, 2022, at 6:30 pm
Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax, CA
and by Teleconference
Special Meeting at 6:30 PM
This meeting will be held in-person and on Zoom, consistent with AB 361 during the declared state of emergency. It will be broadcast on Channels 27 and 99, and livestreamed on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/ or https://www.cmcm.tv/27
How to Participate in the meeting in-person:
* Stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
* Face coverings are strongly recommended for attendees
* All attendees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated.
* Room capacity is limited to 20 seats for in-person attendees, who should socially distance as recommended by public health authorities. If there are no vacant seats, please participate online instead.
How to participate in the meeting virtually (by teleconference):
*Join the Zoom webinar and use the ‘raise hand’ feature to provide verbal public comment.
Zoom Webinar ID 880 3100 1183 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88031001183
*By telephone: +1(669) 900-9128 or (346) 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
Before 3:00 pm on the day of the meeting you may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider before the meeting. All emails are part of the meeting record.
6:30 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL– APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
1. Housing Element Status and Timeline Update, including Opportunity Sites, CEQA, Objective Development & Design Standards (“ODDS”), and Eco-Village Concept – EMC Planning Consultant Ande Flower, Town Attorney Janet Coleson
The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote. The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council’s vote on the Consent Calendar.
2. Authorize the Town Manager to execute the First Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement with EMC Planning Group (EMC) for Update of the Fairfax General Plan Housing Element, Safety Element, and Land Use Element, associated environmental review, completion of Objective Development and Design Standards (ODDS), Zoning Updates, an Eco-Village Ordinance, Visualizations, and Public Meetings, for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $844,774 – Town Manager Heather Abrams
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.