TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 7:30 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, there will be no in-person meeting location.
The public will be able to participate in the meeting by any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Webinar ID 898 0215 2841 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89802152841
To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
7:30 PM – CALL SPECIAL MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meeting. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
TOWN MANAGER REPORT
- Receive presentation on new state housing laws, an overview of the Housing Element, and key Housing Element (HE) requirements including Regional Housing Needs Allocations (RHNA) – Town Manager, Planning Director
- Discuss/consider interview and selection process for Police Chief and provide direction to staff – Town Manager
- Discuss/consider 2020-21 Mid-Year Budget Review Report and direct staff, as appropriate – Town Manager
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Authorize Mayor to send letter to supporting SB 612 (Portantino) to reduce the Power Charge Indifference Adjustment (PCIA) exit fee for MCE customers –Town Manager
- Authorize the Racial Equity and Social Justice (RESJ) Committee to develop its own application, interview, selection, and appointment process for filling vacancies on the RESJ – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Recognizing and Declaring March 31st annually as Transgender Day of Visibility – Town Clerk
In memory of Eugene Silvio Ardito
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.
Meetings are be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.