FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
Wednesday, June 16, 2021, at 6:30 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and Marin County Public Health Orders, Town Council meetings are being held via tele- and videoconference only.
There will be no in-person meeting location. The public can participate in meeting as follows:
- Watch on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/ or https://www.cmcm.tv/27
- Watch on TV Comcast Channel 27 or AT&T Channel 99
- Watch/speak on Zoom: Webinar ID 891 4864 5713 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89148645713
- To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Listen/speak by phone: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Prior to the meeting, you may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. Emails received prior to 3pm will be included in the meeting record.
6:30 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
REPORT OUT ON CLOSED SESSIONS (June 10 and June 16)
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote. The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar.
- Adopt five resolutions setting taxes to be collected by the Marin County Auditor-Controller for Fiscal Year 2021-22 – Finance Director
- a. Resolution Setting the Amount of $200 for the Special Municipal Services Tax for Fiscal Year 2021-22
- b. Resolution Setting the Utility Users’ Tax Rate of 4% for Fiscal Year 2021-22
- c. Resolution Setting the Pension Tax Rate of $.091 per $100 of assessed valuation to Support Fairfax Pension Obligations for Fiscal Year 2021-22
- d. Resolution Setting a Fee of $15 per run-off unit for the Purpose of Funding Local Stormwater Pollution Prevention Activities for Fiscal Year 2021-22
- e. Resolution Setting the Tax Rate of $.0265 per assessed valuation for the general obligation bonds (Measure K Bond Assessment) for Fiscal Year 2021-22
- Adopt a Resolution Confirming and Levying the Ross Valley Paramedic Authority (RVPA) Tax in the amount of $87.50 for Fiscal Year 2021-22 – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Continuing Expenditures and Revenues in Accordance with the Fiscal Year 2020-21 Town Budget and Continuing the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Town Budget Adoption – Town Manager, Finance Director
- Appoint Brett Kelley to fill an unexpired term on the Planning Commission – Town Manager
- Authorize the Town Manager to create and implement a vegetation management grant program to assist senior and lower income households and allocate an initial $25,000 to the program – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution authorizing the Town Manager or his/her designee to execute grant funding contracts/agreements with California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) for projects such as the highway bridge program – Town Manager
- Authorize the Town Manager to prepare and submit the Fiscal Year 2021-22 work plan to Marin County for the use of the Town’s Measure A park funds –Town Manager
- Receive report comparing current municipal code regarding the duties and responsibilities of the Town Manager to the previous code for Town Administrator – Town Manager
- Discuss/consider Fiscal Year 2021-22 Proposed Operating and Capital Improvement Budget and provide direction to staff – Town Manager, Finance Director
Supplemental Item: Budget Message (distributed after the publication of the packet)
- Adopt Urgency Ordinance barring residential evictions due to impacts from the Public Health Emergency arising from the COVID-19 virus through September 30, 2021; CEQA exempt under CEQA Guidelines section 15061(b)(3) – Town Manager
- Introduction of an ordinance amending Municipal Code Chapter 2.12: “Town Manager” to remove the requirement that the Town Manager be a resident of Marin County; CEQA Exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees, and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
Verbal report on the American Rescue Plan Act
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.