SPECIAL FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, February 17, 2021, at 6:30 pm
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:45 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via tele- and videoconference only. There will be no in-person meeting location.
The public will be able to participate in the 6:30 pm meeting by any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Webinar ID 865 4244 1586 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86542441586. To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
5:45 pm Special Meeting for Closed Session
5:45 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL – PUBLIC COMMENT (on closed session item only)
For comments on the closed session ONLY, join Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88234709298 or
call 1(669) 900-9128 and enter webinar ID 882 3470 9298 promptly at 5:45 pm, before the Council adjourns to the closed session. NOTE: The 6:30 pm meeting has a different Zoom link & ID.
ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION ON THE FOLLOWING MATTER:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6.
Agency designated representative: Garrett Toy, Town Manager.
Employee Organization: Fairfax Police Officers Association.
SPECIAL MEETING (OPEN SESSION)
Zoom Webinar ID 865 4244 1586 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86542441586.
6:30 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Approve minutes for the Town Council meeting of December 16, 2020 –Town Clerk
Supplement (revised Minutes)
- Schedule two joint special study sessions on March 17th: One with the Planning Commission to discuss the Housing Element process and the other with the Climate Action Committee to discuss the updated Climate Action Plan – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Appointing a Representative and Two Alternates to the Marin Emergency Radio Authority (MERA) Board of Directors – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Approving a Side Letter to Amend the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Fairfax Police Officers’ Association (FPOA) to extend the current MOU from June 30, 2021 to June 30, 2022 with no other changes – Town Manager
- Consider the creation of temporary skate/scooter park in the western portion of the Pavilion parking lot, provide direction to staff regarding key policies and direct staff to proceed, if appropriate – Town Manager
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance Adding Sections 10.28.020, “Designated Skate Park Areas”, and 10.28.030, “Safety Equipment Required”, to Chapter 10.28 of the Fairfax Municipal Code, entitled “Skateboards”, Setting Forth Procedures for Authorizing Designated Public Areas as Skating Facilities and Requiring Use of Safety Equipment. Categorically exempt from CEQA under CEQA guidelines § 15303 (Class 3). – Town Manager
- Discuss results of Cascade Drive questionnaire and direct staff as appropriate – Town Manager
Supplemental Staff Report (final questionnaire results)
- Discuss/consider expanding the closure of the lower portion of the Mono Parking Lot from up to five (5) days per week to up to seven (7) days per week and authorize staff as appropriate – Town Manager
- Receive oral status update of the Parks and Recreation Commission’s exploration of a permanent location for a skate and scooter park – Town Manager
In memory of Arlene Spencer
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.