7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
7:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER THE SPECIAL MEETING – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
Town Hall Offices will be closed December 24 through January 1, reopening Thursday, January 2, 2020.
The next Regular Town Council Meeting will be Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee: up to 2 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 1 vacancy
- Planning Commission: 1 upcoming scheduled vacancy (01/31/20)
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
Meeting to form Cascade Striping Project Resident Subcommittee: Saturday, December 21st, 10-11am at the Fairfax Women’s Club.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Depending on the number of speakers, individuals have 2 to 3 minutes to speak; 4 to 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Authorize the Town Manager to retain a contractor to build the replacement bus shelter located in the Parkade – Town Manager
- Introduce and adopt An Urgency Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax amending Chapter 17.048 of the Fairfax Town Code Relating to Accessory Dwelling Units and Junior Accessory Dwelling Unitsand determining the ordinance to be exempt from CEQA – Planning and Building Services Director
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax amending Chapter 17.048 of the Fairfax Town Code Relating to Accessory Dwelling Units and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units and determining the ordinance to be exempt from CEQA – Planning and Building Services Director
- Discuss/consider status report on the implementation of the Council approved modifications to the Cascade striping project and the formation of a resident subcommittee – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
In Memory of John Cronin, Adolph Ardito, Claire Grossbaum, Dorothy Neal and Frank Berto
The agenda packet consisting of the staff report and proposed ordinance will be issued and available for public review at least 24 hours prior to the special meeting on the front counter at Town Hall, at the Fairfax Library, and on the Town’s Web site at www.townoffairfax.org.
Materials related to the item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the front counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at www.townoffairfax.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.