Town Council Special Meeting: December 16, 2020
FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
Wednesday, December 16, 2020, at 6:30 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via tele- and videoconference only. There will be no in-person physical meeting location.
The public will be able to participate in the meeting by any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Webinar ID 853 1013 6743 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85310136743. To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Call in: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
Email prior to the meeting: members of the public may email written comments on agenda items to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
6:30 PM – CALL MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
INTERVIEWS AND APPOINTMENTS
- Interview applicants for the Measure F Oversight Committee, Parks and Recreation Commission, and Volunteer Board; make appointments as appropriate – Town Clerk
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council’s vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Receive update report on the Racial Equity and Social Justice Committee – Town Manager, Council Subcommittee
- Receive report on data collected to evaluate the 6-month pilot program of 2 Council meetings per month and provide direction to staff – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Opposing Hateful Acts and All Manifestations of White Supremacy, Racism, and Bigotry – Councilmember Goddard
- Adopt a resolution approving a 4.73% rate increase for Solid Waste Services provided by Marin Sanitary Service to be effective January 1, 2021 – Town Manager
Supplemental Report and attachments
- This item is continued to the January 20, 2020, Town Council Meeting.
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner, Town Manager
- Discuss concept of forming a Community Emergency/Disaster Preparedness Committee (continued from December 2, 2020 meeting) – Town Manager
- Receive update on the Town’s Residential Rental Assistance Program to assist extremely low-income renters whose household incomes were adversely affected by COVID-19 and who are at risk of homelessness and direct staff as needed – Town Manager
- Begin the process to discuss the concept of renaming Sir Francis Drake Boulevard – Town Manager
- Introduce an Ordinance Amending Section 8.36.030 (“Tree Advisory Committee”) of the Town Code to set terms for at-large members by resolution; categorically exempt from CEQA – Town Manager
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.