FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
For the Purpose of Conducting
A BUDGET WORKSHOP
Meeting ID# 810 3478 9033
Friday, May 15, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to approximately 3:40 p.m.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Consistent with State of California Executive Order Nos. N-25-20 and N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders directing residents to shelter at home, this Town Council meeting will be held via videoconference only. There will not be an in-person physical meeting location. The public will be able to view and participate in the meeting by teleconference.
Members of the public may participate in the meeting live as follows:
- On Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81034789033 and Meeting ID #810 3478 9033. To speak during the public comment period, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue, and unmuted when it is your turn.
- By telephone: (669) 900-9128 and enter the Meeting ID# 810 3478 9033. (To hide your phone number, press *67 before dialing.) To speak during the public comment period, press *9 and you will be added to the queue, and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Note: for this workshop meeting, emailed comments will be accepted up to one hour before the meeting. During the meeting, comments may be made as described above via Zoom or by telephone.
10:00 AM – Call to Order the Special Meeting Budget Workshop
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
Conduct workshop to discuss Fiscal Year 2020-21 Proposed Operating and Capital Improvement Budget.
Discussion to include the following general topics (time approximate):
- Overview of budget workshop (10:00am)
- General Budget Overview (10:05am)
- Operating revenue projections and assumptions
- Overall expenditure estimates
- Projected FY19-20 Year-End Expenditures and Revenues
- Discussion of any Year-End expenditure adjustments
- Department Presentations (11:05am)
- Public Comment on Budget Overview and Departmental Budgets
- Lunch Break (12:30)
- Other General Funds & Special Funds (1:00pm)
- Public Comment on General Funds & Special Funds
- Baseline Five-Year Capital Improvement Program “CIP” (1:45pm)
- Pavement Management Plan
- Public Comment on CIP
- Town Council Funding Requests/Priorities/Goals (2:30pm)
- Proposed Mid-Year Budget Review in 4-6 months and Budget Schedule (3:30pm)
- Public Comment on Town Council funding requests/priorities/goals and mid-year budget review
- Closing remarks
Note: The preliminary ‘baseline” budget for the Town’s FY20-21 Operating and Capital Improvement Budget for discussion at this workshop was distributed at the May 6, 2020 Town Council Meeting and posted on the Town website. Additional materials will be posted prior to the workshop. A public hearing on the proposed budget is set for June 3, 2020.