Town Council Special Meeting: August 19, 2020
FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
FAIRFAX FINANCING AUTHORITY SPECIAL MEETING
Wednesday, August 19, 2020, at 6:00 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via videoconference only. All Councilmembers will be teleconferencing into the meeting. There will be no in-person physical meeting location. The public will be able to participate in the meeting by one of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- Via Zoom: Webinar ID 886 9993 1340 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88699931340
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 Webinar ID 886 9993 1340
(You may press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number)
To provide live public comment at the meeting, use one of the following options:
- If using Zoom, select the Raise Hand icon during the public comment time and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.)
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
6:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER THE TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
- Establish a Residential Rental Assistance Program to assist extremely low-income renters whose household incomes were adversely affected by COVID-19 and who are at risk of homelessness – Town Manager
FAIRFAX FINANCING AUTHORITY SPECIAL MEETING
- Annual confirmation of the officers of the Fairfax Financing Authority (FFA) as required by the By-Laws and adopt a resolution establishing a regular FFA meeting on September 2, 2020 – Executive Director (Town Manager)
Reconvene as the Town Council
- Adopt a resolution authorizing the commencement of proceedings in connection with the issuance and sale of lease revenue bonds of the Fairfax Financing Authority to finance and refinance Town pension obligations to the California Public Employees’ Retirement system (CalPERS) in an approximate amount of $9,600.000, retaining an underwriter/placement agent, bond counsel, and disclosure counsel and directing certain actions including the acceptance of the proposal from Capital One Public Funding, LLC in order to lock in the interest rate offered by such proposal.– Town Manager, Finance Director
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting