SPECIAL FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
For the purpose of conducting interviews for the Racial Equity and Social Justice Committee
Wednesday, August 12, 2020, at 5:00 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via teleconference only. All Councilmembers will be teleconferencing into the meeting. There will be no in-person physical meeting location. The public will be able to participate in the meeting by one of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Webinar ID 898 0870 5310 or join from your browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89808705310
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 When prompted, enter Webinar ID 898 0870 5310. (To hide your phone number, dial *67 before calling the number above.)
To provide live public comment at the meeting, use one of the following options:
- If using Zoom, select the Raise Hand icon during the public comment time and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.)
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider prior to the meeting. These comments become part of the meeting record.
5:00 – CALL SPECIAL MEETING TO ORDER
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please place cell phones in silent mode.
- Interview applicants for the Racial Equity and Social Justice (RESJ) Committee –Town Manager
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s website at www.townoffairfax.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.