TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 7:45 pm
BY TELECONFERENCE ONLY
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, there will be no in-person meeting location.
The public will be able to participate in the meeting by any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- Zoom Webinar ID 841 3734 7706 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84137347706
To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
7:45 PM – CALL SPECIAL MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meeting. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Accept final Redwood Tree Maintenance Plan from the Town Arborist – Town Manager
- Conduct random drawing of names from the qualified applicant pool and business community, and appoint/ratify members to serve on the Community Interview Panel for the Police Chief recruitment; and appoint a Council subcommittee to debrief the Community Panel – Town Manager
- Consider request from the CAC to adopt an all-electric requirement for all new construction and direct staff as appropriate (continued from the April 7, 2021 Council meeting) – Town Manager
- Discuss/consider extensions to the terms of temporary outdoor encroachment and temporary use permits from May 31, 2021 to September 7, 2021, discuss the use of outdoor public spaces (e.g., parking spaces), and provide direction to staff – Town Manager
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at www.townoffairfax.org.