REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
And FAIRFAX FINANCING AUTHORITY REGULAR MEETING
Wednesday, September 2, 2020, at 7:00 pm
Preceded by a TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING at 5:30 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via videoconference only. All Councilmembers will be teleconferencing into the meeting. There will be no in-person physical meeting location. The public will be able to participate in the meeting by one of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Meeting ID 820 8293 2551 or join from your browser https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82082932551
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 Meeting ID 820 8293 2551. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number)
To provide live public comment at the meeting, use one of the following options:
- If using Zoom, select the Raise Hand icon during the public comment time and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.)
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
SPECIAL MEETING at 5:30 pm (Open to the Public)
5:30 PM – CALL SPECIAL MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
REGULAR AGENDA (Special meeting)
- Adopt a resolution forming the Racial Equity and Social Justice Committee – Town Manager
- Selection and appointment of applicants to the Racial Equity and Social Justice (RESJ) Committee – Town Manager
REGULAR MEETING at 7:00pm
7:00 PM – CALL REGULAR MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information please contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee: up to 3 vacancies
- Tree Committee: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Open Space Committee: 1 vacancy
- Measure F Oversight Committee: 2 vacancies
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org to subscribe.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION:
Please refer to the instructions above on how to submit your comment at this virtual meeting.
This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to 3 minutes, groups to 5 minutes, subject to the Mayor’s discretion. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action. In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in August –Town Clerk
- Approve minutes for the June 17 and July 1, 2020 Town Council meetings –Town Clerk
- Biennial review of the Conflict of Interest Code and adoption of a resolution Confirming Biennial Review with no Amendments to the Conflict of Interest Code adopted pursuant to Resolution 18-03– Town Manager
- Adopt a Proclamation to Designate September 2020 as Prostate Cancer Awareness Month – Town Clerk
- Receive report on the Town’s Business Recovery Programs – Town Manager
- Reappoint Geo Taylor to the Fairfax Volunteer Board – Town Clerk
- Discuss/consider the options for the Cascade Drive striping project and provide direction to staff – Town Manager
- Discuss/consider the concept of holding two regular Council meetings per month and direct staff – Town Manager
FAIRFAX FINANCING AUTHORITY REGULAR MEETING
- Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Issuance and Sale of Lease Revenue Bonds to Fund All or a Portion of the Existing Unfunded Actuarial Liability of the Town to the California Public Employees’ Retirement System, Refinance the Town’s Obligations Under a 2017 Lease Agreement Executed to Fund a Portion of the Town’s then Existing Unfunded Actuarial Liability, Approving the Form and Authorizing Execution of Related Documents and Approving Official Actions, for the purpose of generating savings to the Town’s General Fund – Executive Director/Town Manager
Reconvene as the Town Council
- Adopt a Resolution Approving the Issuance and Sale By the Fairfax Financing Authority to Fund All or a Portion of the Existing Unfunded Actuarial Liability of the Town to the California Public Employees’ Retirement System, Refinance the Town’s Obligations Under a 2017 Lease Agreement Executed to Fund a Portion of the Town’s Then Existing Unfunded Actuarial Liability, Approving the Form and Authorizing Execution of Related Documents and Approving Official Actions, for the purpose of generating savings to the Town’s General Fund – Town Manager, Finance Director
- Appeal of Planning Commission approval of a Conditional Use Permit for outdoor dining for the Lodge Restaurant at 1573 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard – Principal Planner
- This item is continued to the October 7, 2020, Town Council Meeting.
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner, Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees, and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of Connie Berto
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.