Town Council Meeting: October 2, 2019
7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 6PM at Fairfax Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
6:00 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting in Closed Session – Public comment – Adjourn to Closed Session
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION pursuant to Government Code section 54957:
Title: Town Manager
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
- Proclamation in Honor of Rose Taber of Rainbow Fabrics –Mayor Coler
- 2019 Citizen of the Year Proclamation in Honor of David Smadbeck –Mayor Coler
- 2019 Citizen of the Year Proclamation in Honor of Jody Timms –Mayor Coler
- Interview and discuss/consider appointment of applicant to the Volunteer Board –Deputy Town Clerk
- Interview and discuss/consider appointment of applicant to the Tree Committee –Deputy Town Clerk
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Deputy Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee has up to 2 vacancies.
- Open Space Committee: 2 vacancies
- Tree Committee: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Volunteer Board: 1 vacancy, 1 “Alternate” vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
Speakcheesy: Friday, October 11th, 7-8:30 pm at the Fairfax Women’s Club, $30 adults, 21 and up only
Peri Park Clean-up: Saturday, October 26th, 10am-12 noon, All ages welcome!
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Depending on the number of speakers, individuals have 2 to 3 minutes to speak; 4 to 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports August 2019 –Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the September 4, 2019 Town Council meeting –Deputy Town Clerk
- Receive written report on Councilmembers assignments, committees, and activities in September –Deputy Town Clerk
- Adopt a Resolution approving commercial cannabis business permit procedures and reaffirming approval of the weighted scoring criteria –Planning Director
- Adopt a Resolution to join Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority (JPA) and request the County of Marin to place a county-wide wildfire prevention parcel tax measure on the March 2020 ballot –Town Manager
Supplement to Agenda Item 10 Attachment A
Supplement to Agenda Item 10 Attachment B
- Approve sponsorship of temporary closure of Dominga and Napa Avenues following the Halloween parade –Town Manager
- Authorize Town Manager to purchase a bucket truck from the Town of San Anselmo for $5,000 (i.e., 2/3rds of $7,500 value) –Town Manager
- Authorize the Town Manager to contract for services to make additional interim repairs to Meadow Way Bridge in an amount not to exceed $35,000 and receive project status update –Town Manager
- Receive report of winter furlough days for Town Hall employees from December 24, 2019 through January 1, 2020 –Town Manager
- Commit to plant four trees to endorse this year’s California Clean Air Day on October 2, 2019 requested by the California’s Clean Air Day Mayors Council –Deputy Town Clerk
- Second reading and adoption of an ordinance to establish time limits for incomplete applications and project entitlement approvals by Adding Sections 17.020.130, (‘Time Limits; Extensions’) for Design Review, 17.032.100 (‘Time Limits; Extensions’) for Conditional Use Permits, 17.040.100 (‘Incomplete Discretionary Permit Applications’), and 17.040.110 (‘Permit Time Limits And Extensions’) and Amending Sections 17.028.090 (‘Lapse; Renewal; Term’) for Variances and 17.060.090 (‘Time Limits; Extensions’) for Ridgeline Development, and Consolidating and Revising Sections 17.072.140 And 17.072.150 (‘Expiration’ and ‘Extension’) for the Hill Area Residential Development Overlay Zone;” CEQA exempt per CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2), 15061(b)(3), and 15305. – Planning Director
- Adopt resolution amending the Town’s Master Fee Schedule to update all fees and permits from 2009 –Town Manager/Finance Director
Supplement to Agenda Item 17 Staff Report
Supplement to Agenda Item 17 Attachment A
Supplement to Agenda Item 17 Attachment B
Supplement for Agenda Item 17 Attachment B REVISED
Supplement to Agenda Item 17 Attachment C
Supplement to Agenda Item 17 Attachment D
Supplement to Agenda Item 17 Replacement pages (230-234) for the Master Fee Study
- Report on Hickory Road –Town Manager
- Second reading and adoption of an Ordinance Adding Chapter 8.72 to Title 8 of the Fairfax Municipal Code Regulating Single-Use Foodware to require businesses to use compostable or reusable materials for take-out food; CEQA exempt per CEQA guidelines Sections15061(b)(3),15307, and 15308 –Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In Memory of Hal Lezzini
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.