7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
New Town websitelaunches November 9th! It will have the same address: www.townoffairfax.org.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications for are available at Town Hall and on Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
• Climate Action Committee has up to 4 vacancies.
• Planning Commission: 2 terms will expire at the end of 2018. Deadline for interested residents to submit an application to the Town Clerk is January 7, 2019.
• Tree Committee: 3 vacancies are anticipated; applications are being accepted now
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.,volunteers needed.
INTRODUCTION AND OATH OF OFFICE
- Introduction and swearing in of Officers Eric Conrado and Lorenzo Kenerly – Police Chief, Town Clerk
- Certificate of appreciation to Yvonne Roberts for her service on the Age-Friendly Task Force – Vice Mayor Coler
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters noton the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Individuals have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports September 2018 – Finance Director
- Accept Treasurer’s Report as of September 30, 2018 – Town Treasurer
- Approve minutes for the August 15, and October 3, 2018, Town Council meetings – Town Clerk
- Authorize Town Manager to defer fees and permits for the Victory Village Senior Affordable Housing project in an amount not to exceed $210,000 – Town Manager
- Authorize the Town Manager to secure professional design services for ADA and parking lot improvements for the Parkade in downtown – Town Manager
- Authorize Mayor to send a letter in opposition to FCC rules regarding franchise fee deductions for cable companies – Town Manager
- MMWD Community-Partner Update: Infrastructure, Water Quality & Environment –Marin Municipal Water District
- Introduce and read by title only an ordinance amendingTitle 17 of the Town Codeto add provisions for certain existingmedical marijuana dispensaries to conduct delivery of adult-use (recreational) cannabis; exempt from CEQA pursuant to Sections 15061(b)(3), 15301, 15305 and 15183. – Town Manager, Planning Director
- Introduce and read by title only an ordinance adding Chapter 5.56 entitled “Cannabis Businesses” to the Fairfax municipal code, Title 5 (“Business Taxes, Licenses and Regulations”), Division II (“Specific Business Regulations”) to establish regulations for certain medical marijuana dispensaries to conduct adult-use cannabis deliveries, and consider/discuss proposed application process and permit regulations for adult-use cannabis deliveries; exempt from CEQA pursuant to CEQA guidelines sections 15061(b)(3), 15183 and 15301 – Town Manager
- Adoption of an Urgency Interim Zoning Ordinance establishing a temporary moratorium on housing developments in Zoning Ordinance Chapter 17.112, the Planned Development District (PDD) Zone, pending preparation of an update to the Town’s Municipal Code and Zoning Ordinance; exempt from CEQA pursuant to Sections 15060(c)(2), 15061(b)(3) and 15308– Town Manager, Planning Director
- Discuss/consider recommendations from Planning Commission regarding reduction in maximum home size –Planning Director
- Second reading by title only and adoption of an ordinance amending Chapter 8.36 (“Trees”) of the Town Code to provide the Town Council flexibility to appoint at-large member(s) to the Tree Advisory Committee and modify the process for the Planning Commission to consider/approval tree removals as part of a development application; categorically exempt from CEQA – Town Manager, Planning Director
- Adopt resolution establishing process for Town Commissions/Committees to appoint members to the Tree Committee – Town Manager
- Second reading by title only and adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 3.36 (“Public Bidding”) of the Fairfax Town Code to Increase Contract Award Limits per the Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act; categorically exempt from CEQA – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS(Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of Fairfax resident Carlo Gardin and Marin County resident Debra Di Benedetto