Town Council Meeting: November 6, 2019
7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Preceded by a Special Meeting to Conduct Interviews at 6:00 pm
6:00 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting to Conduct Interviews
- Interview and discuss/consider appointment of applicant to the Tree Committee – Deputy Town Clerk
- Interview and discuss/consider appointment of applicant to the Open Space Committee – Deputy Town Clerk
- Interview and discuss/consider appointment of applicant to the Parks and Recreation Commission – Deputy Town Clerk
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SPECIAL MEETING ACTIONS
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee has up to 2 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 2 vacancies
- Tree Committee: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
Presentation on draft Community Evacuation Maps and amended Emergency Operation Plan – Todd Lando (Fire Safe Marin Council Coordinator), Chris Morin (Town of Fairfax Police Chief)
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Depending on the number of speakers, individuals have 2 to 3 minutes to speak; 4 to 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports September 2019 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the October 2, 2019 Town Council meeting – Deputy Town Clerk
- Receive written report on Councilmembers assignments, committees, and activities in October – Deputy Town Clerk
- Receive update that the EIR professional services agreement for the Marinda Heights project is tentatively scheduled for the December 4th Council meeting – Town Manager
- Receive update on the Planning Commission’s recommended zoning amendment to incorporate the Requirement for a Hill Area Residential Development (HRD) permit into residential zoning districts – Planning Director
- Receive report on Age Friendly Scorecard regarding the implementation of the strategic plan – Deputy Town Clerk
- Endorse partnership with Earth Day Network’s Green Cities program for the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day on April 22, 2020 – Deputy Town Clerk
- Notice of amendments to employment agreement with the Town Manager – Mayor Coler
- Approve restated and amended Emergency Operation Plan (EOP) – Chief Morin
Supplement to Agenda Item 9 – Amended and Restated Emergency Operations Plan Resolution
- Adopt a Resolution amending Resolution 18-31, which established wages and benefits for management and confidential employees and part-time employees, to revise compensation for out-of-class and special supervision assignments – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution amending the Town’s Master Fee Schedule to update all fees and permits from 2009 – Town Manager/Finance Director
Attachment D- Resolution with Exhibits
Attachment E – Master Fee Study
- Discuss/consider award of contract for the Upper Scenic Road Pavement Rehabilitation project – Town Manager
Supplement to Agenda Item 12– Amended Staff Report Awarding Upper Scenic Road Pavement Rehabilitation Project Bid
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Chapter 15.04 of the Town of Fairfax Municipal Code and Adopting by Reference the 2019 California Building Standards Code, California Code of Regulations, Title 24, Parts 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11 and 12, Which Consists of the California Administrative, Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, Historical Building, Existing Building, Green Building Standards, and Referenced Standards Codes, And Adopting the 2018 Edition of the International Property Maintenance Code Together With Certain Additions, Insertions, Deletions and Changes Thereto; Exempt from CEQA pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) and Cal. Public Resources Code section 21080(b)(4) – Building Official
- Introduce and read by title only an ordinance entitled “An Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Chapters 8.04 and 8.06 of the Town of Fairfax Municipal Code, Adopting by Reference the 2019 California Fire Code, Portions of the 2018 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code, With Certain Additions, Insertions, Deletions and Changes Thereto; CEQA exempt from pursuant to CEQA guidelines Section 15061 (b)(3) and Public Resources Code section 21080(b)(4) – Fire Marshal, Fire Inspector
- Discuss/consider report on the status of the replacement bus shelter located in the Parkade – Town Manager
Attachment A – Bus Shelter Drawings
Supplement to Agenda Item 15 – Attachments B, C & D
- Introduction and read by title only an Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Chapter 8.68 of the Town Municipal Code Regarding Smartmeters and Related Equipment to Extend the Prohibition on the Installation of Smartmeters until the Town Council determines that the privacy, safety, accuracy and health effects of SmartMeters have been adequately addressed; CEQA exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3), Sections 15307 and 15308 – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In Memory of Michael Scott Ferrero, Lynn Knudson and Thomas McEntee
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.