REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, November 4, 2020, at 7:00 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via tele- and videoconference only. There will be no in-person physical meeting location.
The public will be able to participate in the meeting by any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Webinar ID 830 5358 3729 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83053583729
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 and enter webinar ID above. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number)
To speak at the meeting during Public Comment time, use one of the following options:
- On Zoom, select the Raise Hand icon during the public comment time and you will be added to the speaker queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time and you will be added to the speaker queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
REGULAR MEETING at 7:00 PM
7:00 PM – CALL REGULAR MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information please contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee: up to 3 vacancies
- Tree Committee: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Open Space Committee: 1 vacancy
- Measure F Oversight Committee: 2 vacancies
Citizen of the year – nominations due Dec 1st to PARC
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org to subscribe.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION:
This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to 3 minutes, groups to 5 minutes, subject to the Mayor’s discretion. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
Maintenance of trees on Town-owned properties – Urban Forestry Associates
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports July-August 2020 – Finance Director
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in October –Town Clerk
- Approve minutes for the September 2, 2020 Town Council meeting –Town Clerk
- Receive report of Town Hall closure and winter furlough days for Town Hall employees from December 24, 2020 through January 3, 2021 – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution establishing the regular Council meeting dates for the months of January and July in 2021, and confirm 2021 meeting calendar – Town Clerk
- Approve agreement with OLAS Performance to provide facilitation services for the Racial Equity and Social Justice Committee in an amount not-to-exceed $40,000 – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Mayor to Sign the Dissolution Agreement of the Marin County Major Crimes Task Force – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Opposing Offshore Oil and Gas Drilling and Exploration Activities, Including Seismic Airgun Blasting – Mayor Goddard
- Appeal of the Planning Commission action approving Hill Area Residential Development, Excavation, Design Review, and Tree Removal Permits for the expansion and remodeling of the single-family home located at 6 Walsh Lane. Categorically exempt from CEQA under CEQA guidelines § 15301(e)(2)(A) (Class 1) and 15302 (Class 2) – Assistant Planner
- This item is continued to the December 2, 2020, Town Council Meeting.
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner, Town Manager
- Provide direction to staff regarding the closure and uses of the lower portion of Mono Parking Lot – Town Manager
- Approve a six-month schedule of monthly special meetings – Town Manager
- Adoption of “An Ordinance Of The Town Council Of The Town Of Fairfax Authorizing The Town Manager To Issue Temporary Outdoor Use Permits To Allow Restaurants And Other Businesses To Provide Outdoor Dining, Other Retail/Commercial Uses, And Curbside Pickup And Waiving Any Applicant Fees In The Town’s Review Process, And Authorizing The Expiration Date Of Such Permits To Be Set By Resolution” and Adoption of a Resolution Setting A Expiration Date of May 31, 2021 For The Issuance Of Temporary Outdoor Use Permits To Allow Restaurants And Other Businesses To Provide Outdoor Dining, Other Retail/Commercial Uses, And Curbside Pickup; Categorical exemption under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Section 15301, Class 1 (Existing Facilities) – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution to extend the terms of temporary outdoor encroachment permits to May 31, 2021; Categorical exemption under CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) and Section 15304(e)– Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees, and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.