REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, May 6, 2020, at 7:00 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Order directing residents to shelter at home, this Town Council meeting will be held via videoconference only. All Councilmembers will be teleconferencing into the meeting, and Consistent with State of California Executive Order Nos. N-25-20 and N-29-20, to protect public health while still maintaining transparency and public access, the Town will not offer an in-person physical meeting location for the public. The public will be able to view the meeting on television and online as usual and participate in the meeting by teleconference and email.
Members of the public may join or watch the meeting live using any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- Via Zoom: Meeting ID 853-3603-4777
- Call-in option: *67 (669) 900-9128 Meeting ID 853-3603-4777
Members of the public may provide public comment during the meeting using ONE of the following options:
- Using the Public Comment form directly below the live stream meeting on the on the town website.
- Emailing email@example.com with the AGENDA ITEM # in the subject line. Note: Comments received by email or web form prior to the close of the public comment period for an item will be read into the record, subject to the same 3-minute time limit as in-person spoken comments, which is approximately 400 words. Comments received after the agenda item is heard but before the close of the meeting will be included as a part of the record of the meeting but will not be read aloud. Comments will be read verbatim, so please introduce yourself.
- On Zoom, select the Raise Hand function during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may submit written comments to the Town Council. These comments will be a part of the meeting record, but they will not be read out loud at the meeting.
7:00 PM – Call to order the Adjourned Regular Meeting
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
REPORT OUT ON CLOSED SESSION HELD ON APRIL 21, 2020
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Planning Commission: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Climate Action Committee has up to 3 vacancies
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org and subscribe.
Spring cleaning extra! During the week of May 4 on your regular collection day, residents can put out up to 14 additional cans/containers of material (garbage, recyclables, yard waste).
Chipper Days 2020: Drop off your large vegetation trimmings for chipping:
- Sat. & Sun. June 20 & 21 Cascade neighborhood: Doc Edgar Park
- Sat. & Sun. June 27 & 28 Scenic/Tamalpais/Manor neighborhood: Sir Francis Drake Blvd. & Olema
- Sat. only July 11 Downtown: Pavilion parking lot
- Sat. & Sun. July 25 & 26 Deer Park: drop off location TBD
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION:
This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to 3 minutes, groups to 5 minutes, subject to the Mayor’s discretion. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action. In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member, for separate discussion and vote.
1. Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports February 2020 – Finance Director
2. Approve minutes for the March 17, 2020 Town Council special meeting –Town Clerk
3. Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities from April 15 to May 6, 2020 –Town Clerk
4. Receive report on the Chipper Day schedule for the 2020 – Town Manager
5. Receive report on sidewalk repairs – Town Manager
6. Receive the ”baseline” budget for the Town’s FY20-21 Operating and Capital Improvement Budget for discussion at the May 15th budget workshop – Town Manager, Finance Director
7. Appoint Mayor Goddard and Councilmember Hellman to the Economic Recovery MCCMC Ad Hoc Subcommittee – Town Clerk
8. Authorize Mayor Goddard to send a letter to Governor Newsom requesting the State address the general revenue shortfall over the next two fiscal years through the establishment of a revenue stabilization fund for direct aid to cities and towns, a share of the CARES Act funding and a COVID-19 financing vehicle for cities/towns to access cash for immediate needs – Town Manager (per BC)
9. Approve agreements with the Town’s Financial Advisor, Wulff, Hansen & Co, to explore financing strategies for the Town’s current retirement obligations – Town Manager, Finance Director
10. Receive Status Update regarding Objective Design and Development Standards – Planning Director
11. Receive report on the cancellation of all Town Board, Committee, Commission Meetings through the end of May with the exception of the Town Council and Planning Commission meetings – Town Manager
12. This item has been continued to the July 1, 2020 Town Council Meeting
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner, Town Manager
13. (Continued from April 15, 2020) Adopt resolutions adopting the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Final Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration (“IS/MND”) and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP) for the proposed Meadow Way Bridge Replacement Project and approving the proposed Meadow Way Bridge Replacement Project –Town Manager
14. Approve creation of Fairfax small business relief program due to the economic impact COVID-19 – Town Manager
15. Conduct Second Reading by Title only and Adopt an Ordinance to Terminate the Marin Telecommunications Agency (MTA) by Repealing Chapter 13.12 “Telecommunications” of the Town Code. Exempt from CEQA per CEQA Guidelines Section 15378(b)(5) and Section 15061(b)(3). – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of Fairfax residents
Edwin Killeen Taber and William Samuel McDaneld
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.