7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
7:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Fairfax Farmers Market is back – every Wednesday from 4 to 8 pm in Bolinas Park
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: 1 on PARC, 2 on Volunteer Board, 4 on Open Space Committee; 1 onGeneral Plan Implementation Committee. Applications available at Town Hall, on Town website. Contact Town Clerk for information.
Fairfax Festival: Saturday-Sunday, June 10-11, 11 am-6 pm; Parade at 10 am on Saturday
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturdays 9-11, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION (Only for matters not listed on the agenda)
Please approach the podium, and state your name and address (optional). Individuals have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and is strictly limited to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports March 2017 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the March 2017 Town Council meeting – Town Clerk
- Approve Town sponsorship of temporary road and parking lot closure for the Fairfax Festival and Parade on June 10 and 11, 2017 – Town Clerk
- Amend an agreement with Municipal Resources Group to increase the not-to-exceed amount for project management services by $15,000 – Town Manager
Ross Valley Healthy Community Collaborative (RVHCC) report on activities
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
- Consideration of the proposed 54 unit Victory Village Affordable Senior Housing Project located at 2626 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard through the proposed adoption of three (3) resolutions approving and adopting a Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring Program, General Plan Amendment, a Parcel Map, Density Bonus, Design Review Permit, Traffic Impact Permit, and Excavation Permit; and Introduction, waiver of first reading, and reading by title only an Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Fairfax Town Code Chapter 17.012, Adding a New Chapter 17.090 (RM-S Multi-Family Residential – Senior), and Amending the Town Zoning Map; and Authorization to enter into agreements governing Project approvals. The Planning Commission recommended approval of the Project on April 20, 2017. CEQA has been conducted through the preparation of a Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring Program, per CEQA Guidelines Section 15070(b)(2). – Town Manager, Assistant Town AttorneyStaff Report
- Second Reading by Title Only and Adoption of an Ordinance Changing the Regular Election from November of Odd-Numbered Years to the Statewide General Election in November of Even-Numbered Years and Amending Chapter 2.04 of the Fairfax Town Code Pertaining to Municipal Elections and decreasing the term of each municipal officer to be elected in 2017 and in 2019 by 12 months to transition the election schedule – Town Manager
- Discuss the concept of a Fair Housing Ordinance – Town Manager
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.