7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
Wednesday, May 2, 2018, at 7:00 p.m.
REGULAR MEETING, Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports March 2018 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the April 4, 2018, Town Council meeting – Town Clerk
- Approve agreement with Fredric C. Divine Architects (FCDA) for geotechnical, structural engineering, archaeological, and architectural services in an amount not to exceed $45,000 for the preliminary foundation design for the Pavilion Seismic Retrofit project – Town Manager
- Receive report on the schedule for the FY18-19 Proposed Operating and Capital Improvement Budget – Finance Director
- Authorize Mayor to send letter in opposition to SB 828 (Wiener) which changes the Regional Housing Needs Assessment (“RHNA”) process to the detriment of cities and towns – Mayor Lacques
- Discuss/consider Ross Valley Fire Department’s (RVFD) consideration of the proposal from the Marin County Fire Department to serve as the RVFD Fire Chief –Town Manager
- Discuss/consider potential ADA and parking lot improvements for the Parkade in downtown Town Manager
- Direct the Planning Commission to discuss/consider reduction in maximum home sizes in town – Councilmember Reed
- Discuss/consider residents’ petition regarding “a prescriptive right public easement on the former Wall Property” – Town Manager
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance Amending Title 6 (“Animals”) of the Town Code to adopt by reference the recently amended Marin County animal control ordinance and revised fee schedule. Not subject to CEQA, CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(3) and 15061(b)(3) – Town Manager
- Second reading by title only and adoption of an Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Section 2.08.010 (“Council Meetings”) of the Town Code to set by resolution from time to time the regular meeting dates so as not to conflict with holidays in the months of January and July; Not subject to CEQA, CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(3), 15378, and 15061(b)(3) – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER'S REPORT
In memory of Robert Ballestrazze
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.
I, Michele Gardner, Town Clerk of the Town of Fairfax, County of Marin, State of California, do hereby certify that I posted a copy of this Agenda at three public places in the Town of Fairfax, to wit: 1) Bulletin Board, Town Hall Offices; 2) Bulletin Board, Fairfax Post Office, and 3) Bulletin Board, Fairfax Women’s Club and that each of said postings was completed on or before March 30, 2018.
To receive Town Council agendas by email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: PDF Documents require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader