7:00 am Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
Wednesday, March 7, 2018, at 7:00 p.m.
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:00 p.m. at Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
SPECIAL MEETING in closed session, Fairfax Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road, Fairfax
5:00 PM – Call to order – Public comment – Adjourn to closed session on the following matters:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION pursuant to Government Code section 54957:
Title: Town Attorney
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code section 54956.9(d)(2) and (e)(1): two cases
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)
Gina Farr and Douglas Smith v. Town of Fairfax, et al., Marin Superior Court No. CIV 1800433
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 Agency designated representative: Garrett Toy, Town Manager; Employee Organization: Fairfax Police Officers Association
REGULAR MEETING, Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports January 2018 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the February 7, 2018 Town Council meeting – Town Clerk
- Approve Amendment to Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with SEIU Local 1021 (Fairfax non-management employees) regarding new employee orientations in compliance with AB 119 – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Expanding the Membership of the Climate Action Committee – Mayor Lacques and Councilmember Ackerman
- Accept Marin Sanitary Service Annual Report – Town Manager
- Accept 2017-18 Mid-Year Budget Review Report and approve mid-year budget adjustment – Finance Director, Town Manager
- Approve Flashing Crosswalk Systems at Azalea Ave. and Sir Francis Drake Blvd. and Mitchell Dr. and Sir Francis Drake Blvd. in an Amount Not to Exceed $45,000 – Town Manager
- Proclamation Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act – Mayor Lacques
- Approve the Notice of Completion for 93 Madrone Roadway Stabilization Project – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution approving a 6.54% service rate increase for Marin Sanitary Service (MSS) for the provision of solid waste (garbage) and recycling services; exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) per 14 CCR 15061(b)(3), as it can be shown with certainty that the action will have no adverse significant effect on the environment – Town Manager
- Begin discussion/consideration of local cannabis (non-medical and medical marijuana) regulatory options – Planning Director, Town Manager
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance Adding Chapter 5.52 Entitled “Income-Based Rental Housing Discrimination” to the Fairfax Municipal Code, Title 5, to Increase Affordable Housing Opportunities in the Town which would prohibit landlords from discriminating against prospective renters solely on the basis that a portion of their rent was guaranteed by a third party subsidy such as a Section 8 housing voucher; CEQA Categorical Exemption Class 8, CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2), 15061– Town Manager
- Discuss/consider priorities and possible ADA improvements for the Parkade in downtown – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
In memory of Charles Weinsoff, Walter Kassoway, and John Perry Barlow
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.
I, Michele Gardner, Town Clerk of the Town of Fairfax, County of Marin, State of California, do hereby certify that I posted a copy of this Agenda at three public places in the Town of Fairfax, to wit: 1) Bulletin Board, Town Hall Offices; 2) Bulletin Board, Fairfax Post Office, and 3) Bulletin Board, Fairfax Women’s Club and that each of said postings was completed on or before March 2, 2018.
To receive Town Council agendas by email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: PDF Documents require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader