7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Preceded by a Special Meeting at 6:30 p.m. to Conduct Interviews
6:30 PM - Call to order the Special Meetingto Conduct Interviews
- Interview and appoint applicant to Volunteer Board – Town Clerk
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions:Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate ActionCommitteehas up to 3 vacancies.
- Tree Committee: 2 vacancies, 1 anticipated
- Open Space: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Volunteer Board: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.,volunteers needed.
FOSC Film Night: “Watershed: A New Water Ethic for the New West” 3-08-19 at 7pm, Women’s Club
Alice in Wonderland Tea, Saturday, Mar. 9, 2-4 pm, Women’s Club; for tickets & info, visit our website or email Maria at email@example.com
Rummage Saleto benefit Peri Park playground renovation, Sunday, Mar.10, 11-3, Community Center
Brewfest, sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, Saturday, March 16, 1 – 5pm, the Pavilion
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Individuals have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports January 2019 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes from the February 6, 2019, Town Council meeting – Town Clerk
- Approve contract with Sustainable Fairfax to implement the mandates of the Zero Waste grant including public education and outreach services related to recycling and green waste–Town Clerk
- Adopt a Resolution Endorsing the Declaration of a Climate Emergency and Requesting Regional Collaboration on an Immediate Just Transition and Emergency Mobilization Effort to Restore a Safe Climate – Councilmembers Ackerman and Lacques
- Receive Fairfax Department of Recreation and Community Services Annual Report – Recreation Manager
- Adopt a Resolution in support of HR 530, a congressional bill to reinstate local zoning authority over small cell wireless (5G) deployments by reversing recent FCC actions – Town Manager
- Receive report on the status of the Special Municipal Services Tax of $195 per business occupancy and dwelling unit – Town Manager
- Receive report on the Parkade project including a presentation from the Town arborist regarding the removal and replacement of trees – Town Manager
- Receive 2018-19 Mid-Year Budget Review Report and approve mid-year budget adjustment for Town Attorney services – Town Manager
- Introduce and adopt An Urgency Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Enacted Pursuant to California Government Code Section 36937 AddingFairfax Town Code Chapter 5.54 Requiring Cause to Terminate a Residential Tenancy (“Just Cause” ordinance); Exempt from the CEQA pursuant to section 15061(b)(3) – Mayor Coler
- Introduce by title only an Ordinance of the Town of Fairfax Adding Fairfax Town Code Chapter 5.54, Requiring Cause to Terminate a Residential Tenancy (Just Cause Ordinance); Exempt from the CEQA pursuant to section 15061(b)(3) – Mayor Coler
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance entitled “An Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Fairfax Municipal Code, Chapter 1.12 Regarding the Abatement of Public Nuisances”to update and clarify the Town’s nuisance abatement procedures and cost recovery provisions;CEQA Categorical Exemption CEQA Guidelines §§ 15301, 15305, and 15308 – Town Manager
- Discuss/consider the establishment of a Citizen of the Year Award – Mayor Coler
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS(Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In Memory of Nancy Lynn Kraus, John Quijano, and Peter Tork
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.