7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Alice in Wonderland Tea: Sat., March 7, 2-3:30, Women’s Club. Tickets are available through Event Brite (Fairfax Theater Company) or from email@example.com. Price: $25 for adults, $20 for children.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee: up to 3 vacancies
- Planning Commission: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry: every Saturday 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd, volunteers welcome.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org to subscribe.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Individuals generally have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action. In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member, for separate discussion and vote.
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports January 2020 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the February 5, 2020 Special and Regular Town Council meeting –Town Clerk
- Reappoint Philip Green to the Planning Commission – Town Clerk
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in February – Town Clerk
- Authorize Mayor to send letters in support of SB 54 and AB 1080 California Circular Economy and Plastic Pollution Reduction Act –Town Manager
- Receive Notice of Amendments to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Fairfax Police Officers’ Association (POA) for the period July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021 –Town Manager
- Approve Sponsorship of the Little League Opening Day Parade on March 14, 2020 – Town Clerk
- Approve Notice of Completion for the Upper Scenic Pavement Rehabilitation project – Town Manager
- Receive report on planned pedestrian safety improvements at the Sir Francis Drake/Pastori Ave./Willow Avenue intersection – Town Manager
- Appoint Vice Mayor Ackerman to serve as Alternate on the MCCMC Climate Change Committee – Town Clerk
- This item has been continued to the April 1, 2020 Town Council Meeting
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner
- Adopt resolutions adopting the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Final Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP) for the proposed Meadow Way Bridge Replacement Project and approving the proposed Meadow Way Bridge Replacement Project– Town Manager
- Discuss/Consider Climate Action Committee (CAC) workplan for FY20-21and direct staff as appropriate – Town Manager
- Receive 2019-20 Mid-Year Budget Review Report and approve mid-year budget adjustments for Police and Fund 03- Field Equipment replacement – Town Manager, Finance Director
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance amending Chapter 8.20 of the Fairfax Municipal Code “Noise Control” to regulate the use of back-up, emergency generators during prolonged power outages; CEQA exempt per CEQA Guidelines Section 15269c– Town Manager
- Read by title only and adopt an Ordinance Amending Chapter 8.72 of the Fairfax Municipal Code Regulating Single-Use Foodware to clarify that the 25-cent charge applies to all disposable cups; CEQA exempt per CEQA guidelines Sections15061(b)(3),15307, and 15308 – Town Clerk
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of David Michael Dunne
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.