7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
Wednesday, June 6, 2018, at 7:00 p.m.
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
SPECIAL MEETING in closed session, Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
5:30 PM – Call to order – Public comment – Adjourn to closed session on the following matter:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 Agency designated representative: Garrett Toy, Town Manager; Michael Vivrette, Finance Director; Employee Organizations: Fairfax Police Officers Association; SEIU Local 1021 (Fairfax non-management employees); and non-represented Management Employees
REGULAR MEETING, Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: 1 on Climate Action Committee. Applications are available at Town Hall and on Town website. Contact Town Clerk for information.
Fairfax Festival: Saturday-Sunday, June 9-10, from 11 am-6 pm; Parade at 10 am on Saturday
Creek clean-up: Saturday, July 14, 10 am – 1 pm. Meet at Community Center, 16 Park Road.
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
- Proclamation in honor of Barbara Thornton – Vice Mayor Coler
- Adopt a resolution in support of March For Our Lives – Councilmember Goddard
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports April 2018 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the May 2, 2018, Town Council meeting – Town Clerk
- Adopt five resolutions setting taxes to be collected by the Marin County Auditor-Controller for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 – Finance Director
- Resolution Setting the Amount of the Special Municipal Services Tax for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- Resolution Setting the Amount of the Utility Users Tax for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- Resolution Setting the Pension Tax Rate to Support Fairfax Pension Obligations for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- Resolution Setting a Fee for the Purpose of Funding Local Stormwater Pollution Prevention Activities for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- Resolution Setting the Tax Rate for the general obligation bonds (Measure K Bond Assessment) for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- Adopt a resolution continuing expenditures and revenues in accordance with the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Town budget and continuing the Fiscal Year 2018-19 Town Budget adoption – Town Manager, Finance Director
- Adopt a resolution confirming and levying the Ross Valley Paramedic Authority (RVPA) tax for Fiscal Year 2018-19 – Town Manager
- Proclamation for Immigrant Heritage Month – Mayor Lacques
- Adopt a resolution pursuant to Town Code Section 2.08.010 Establishing its July Regular Meeting Date on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 – Town Clerk
- Approve Conservation Corps North Bay (“CCNB”) proposal for the completion of the Cascade-Pine staircase in a total not-to-exceed amount of $15,000 – Town Manager
- Approve the Fiscal Year 2018-2019 work plan for the use of the Town’s Measure A funds (Marin County sales tax for parks) – Town Manager
- Approve response to Grand Jury Report Sexual Assault in Marin: Evidence Collection, Processing and Backlog – Police Chief, Town Manager
- Accept Fiscal Year 2016-17 Audited Financial Statements – Finance Director
- Presentation regarding impacts of recent housing legislation on communities – Town Attorney’s office
- Report on Activities – Fairfax Climate Action Committee
- Discuss/consider Fiscal Year 2018-19 Proposed Operating and Capital Improvement Budget – Town Manager, Finance Director
- Attachment 1
- Approve Transportation Authority of Marin (“TAM”) Final Sales Tax Renewal Expenditure Plan – Executive Director, TAM
- Review/consider the Planning Commission’s work program and priorities for Fiscal Year 2018-19 – Planning Director
- Receive public comment and discuss the draft environmental impact report (DEIR) for the San Anselmo Flood Risk Reduction Project – Town Manager, Planning Director
- Receive oral report on the May 30th Town Forum on Cannabis policy – Town Manager, Planning Director
- Second reading by title only and adoption of an Ordinance Amending Title 6 (“Animals”) of the Town Code to adopt by reference the recently amended Marin County animal control ordinance and revised fee schedule. Not subject to CEQA, CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(3) and 15061(b)(3) – Town Manager
- Discuss options for pledge of allegiance – Mayor Lacques
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
Status update regarding LED retrofit of streetlights
In memory of Angie DeCelle
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 458-2343 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.
To receive Town Council agendas by email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: PDF Documents require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader