7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:00 p.m. at Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
5:00 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting in Closed Session
CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS
Government Code §54956.8
Property: APN 001-160-09 (portion of 18.45 acres)
Negotiating parties: Marin Open Space Trust, Marshall Rothman, Managing Partner, Timberstone 4038T, LLC.
For Town: Town Attorney and Town Manager
Closed Session Topic/Under Negotiations: Price and Terms
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)
James Young and Debra Young v. Town of Fairfax, et al.,Marin Superior Court No. CIV 1900255
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Plaque from National Fire Protection Association Certification of Manor Hill FireWise Neighborhood
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions:Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee: up to 3 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 2 vacancies
- Tree Advisory Committee: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.,volunteers needed.
Chipper Days 2019: July 13 & 14, July 20 & 21, July 27 & 28, August 3, August 10. Please check website for details about location and pick up service.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Depending on the number of speakers, individuals have 2 to 3 minutes to speak; 4 to 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports April 2019 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the April 3, April 23, and May 1, 2019, Town Council meetings – Town Clerk
- Reappoint Norma Fragoso to another full term on the Planning Commission – Town Clerk
- Reappoint Michele Rodriguezto a full term on the Planning Commission – Town Clerk
- Reappoint Sam Parry to another full term on the Parks and Recreation Commission – Town Clerk
- Adopt five resolutions setting taxes to be collected by the Marin County Auditor-Controller for Fiscal Year 2019-2020– Finance Director
a. Resolution Setting the Amount of the Special Municipal Services Tax for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
b. Resolution Setting the Amount of the Utility Users Tax for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
c. Resolution Setting the Pension Tax Rate to Support Fairfax Pension Obligations for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
d. Resolution Setting a Fee for the Purpose of Funding Local Stormwater Pollution Prevention Activities for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
e. Resolution Setting the Tax Rate for the general obligation bonds (Measure K Bond Assessment) for Fiscal Year 2019-2020
- Adopt a Resolution Continuing Expenditures and Revenues in Accordance with the Fiscal Year 2018-19 Town budget and Continuing the Fiscal Year 2019-20 Town Budget Adoption – Town Manager,Finance Director
- Adopt a resolution confirming and levying the Ross Valley Paramedic Authority (RVPA) tax for Fiscal Year 2019-20 – Town Manager
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in May – Town Clerk
- Adopt a Resolution Calling for the Federal Government to Pass a Green New Deal – Vice Mayor Goddard
- Approve amendment #1 to agreement with Fredric C. Divine Architects (FCDA) for archeology and historical review services required to evaluate the preliminary design for the Pavilion Seismic Retrofit project – Town Manager
- Approve the 2019-2021 Marin Operational Area Memorandum of Understanding for County Emergency Management Services – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Town Manager to Collaborate with Marin County and other Local Marin Jurisdictions in Applying for Building Jobs and Homes Act Planning Grant (SB 2) Program Grant Funding to Develop Objective Development Standards, Facilitate Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Projects, and Develop Inclusionary Housing Requirements– Town Manager
- Introduce by title only two ordinances: 1) An Ordinance Amending Chapter 17.110 and Repealing Article III (“Medical Marijuana Cultivation”) of Chapter 17.138, to Adopt Zoning Standards and Restrictions for Commercial Cannabis Uses and Cannabis Cultivation for Personal Use;and 2) An Ordinance Amending Chapter 5.56 to Regulate Commercial Cannabis Businesses within the Town of Fairfax; CEQA exempt pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) and Business and Professions Code Section 26055(h). – Planning Director
- Discuss/consider Fiscal Year 2019-20 Proposed Operating and Capital Improvement Budget – Town Manager, Finance Director
- Discuss/consider Residents’ Petition for the Acquisition of 10-Acre Parcel for Open Space – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Calling for a General Municipal Election to be Held on November 5, 2019, for the Election of Certain Officers, Requesting the Marin County Board of Supervisors to Consolidate with any other Election Conducted on that Date, and Requesting Election Services of the County Elections Department – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution Calling for a Special Municipal Election to be held on November 5, 2019, for the Purpose of Submitting to Voters a Measure Authorizing the Continuation of a Special Tax for Police and Fire Services Staffing, Public Works Safety Improvements, Match Funding for State and Federal Public Works Grants, and Youth and Senior Programs; Requesting the Marin County Board of Supervisors to Consolidate with the General Election Conducted on that Date; and Requesting Election Services of the County Elections Department; anddesignate Councilmembers to author ballot arguments and rebuttals, if needed, and find signers for said arguments and rebuttals – Town Manager
- Second reading by title only and adopt an ordinance entitled “An Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Chapter 17.008 (‘Definitions’),Chapter 17.016 (‘Nonconforming Uses and Structures’), and Chapter 17.136 (‘Floor Area’),of the Fairfax Municipal Code, Title 17 (‘Zoning’), to Limit Maximum Floor Area for Single Family Residential and Duplex Properties and to Revise the Standard for DeterminingWhether a Legal Nonconforming Structure Is More than 50% Destroyed.” CEQA exempt per CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2), 15061(b)(3), and 15302.– Planning Director
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and highlights of Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.