7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 6PM at Fairfax Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road.
6:00 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting– Public Comment - Adjourn to Closed Session
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNCIL - ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4)
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
- Proclamation in Memory of Peter Arrigoni – Mayor Coler
- Proclamation in Memory of William Sagar – Mayor Coler
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee has up to 3 vacancies.
- Open Space Committee: 2 vacancies
- Tree Committee: 1 vacancy
- Volunteer Committee: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.,volunteers needed.
Chipper Days 2019: July 13 & 14, July 20 & 21, July 27 & 28, August 3, August 10. Please check website for details about location and pick up service.
Signs: Noncommercial temporary signs (including campaign signs) are only allowed on private property with the owner’s permission, for a period of no more than 67 days.Signs are not allowedon public propertysuch parks, medians, sidewalks, and publicrights of way. Fairfax Municipal Code Chapter 17.064.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Depending on the number of speakers, individuals have 2 to 3 minutes to speak; 4 to 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports May 2019 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the May 10 and June 5, 2019 Town Council meetings – Town Clerk
- Reappoint five members to the Climate Action Committee and adopt a resolution to stagger the terms of members – Town Clerk
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in June – Town Clerk
- Adopt a Resolution Approving Job Classifications for the Recreation and Community Services Manager, the Volunteer and Events Coordinator, and the Marketing and Communications Specialist – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution establishing wages for the new job classifications for Recreation and Community Services staff – Town Manager
- Approve response to Marin Civil Grand Jury Report Wildfire Preparedness: A New Approach – Town Manager
- Approve response to Marin Civil Grand Jury Report:Vaping: An Under-the-Radar Epidemic– Town Manager
- Approve Town sponsorship of Streets for People event on Sunday, October 13, 2019 – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution granting consent to the absence of the Town Clerk from the state for a period in excess of sixty days – Town Manager
- Approve the addition of an ADA space in Mono Avenue parking lot – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution adopting the Operating and Capital Improvement Budgets for Fiscal Year July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020 and Providing for the Appropriation of Expenditures in Said Budgets and Repealing All Resolutions in Conflict Herewith – Town Manager, Finance Director
- Adopt a Resolution Making Certain Findings and Determinations in Compliance with Section XIIIB of the California Constitution (Gann Initiative) and Setting the Appropriation Limit for Fiscal Year 2019-20 – Finance Director
- Authorize the Town Manager to contract with Youth2Work in an amount not to exceed $40,000 for Chipper Day services – Town Manager
- Introduce by title only two ordinances: 1) An Ordinance Amending Chapter 17.110 and Repealing Article III (“Medical Marijuana Cultivation”) of Chapter 17.138, to Adopt Zoning Standards and Restrictions for Commercial Cannabis Uses and Cannabis Cultivation for Personal Use; and 2) An Ordinance Amending Chapter 5.56 to Regulate Commercial Cannabis Businesses within the Town of Fairfax; CEQA exempt pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) and Business and Professions Code Section 26055(h). – Planning Director(Please note: Public comment at the meeting will be limited to 2 minutes per person and 4 minutes per group on this item.)
- Adopt a Resolution Establishing Bank St. Underground Utility District No. 7 Located Along Elsie/Bank Street from Bolinas Road to Mono Avenue and Along Mono Avenue from Bank Street to Bolinas Road – Town Manager
- Introduce an ordinance to consolidate Titles 19 & 20 (“Telecommunications”) of the Fairfax Town Code into a revised Title 19 which establishes uniform and comprehensive regulations for wireless telecommunication facilities (e.g., 5-G) within the Town on private property and within the Town’s public rights-of-way; CEQA exempt Section 15060(c)(2), Section 15378, Section 15061(b)(3), Section15305, and Section 15303– Town Manager (Please note: Public comment at the meeting will be limited to 2 minutes per person and 4 minutes per group on this item.)
- Discuss an ordinance to regulate single-use food service ware – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS(Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In Memory of Laine Elizabeth Sprague and Gary Duncan
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.