REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, January 20, 2021, at 7:00 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via tele- and videoconference only. There will be no in-person physical meeting location.
The public will be able to participate in the meeting by any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Webinar ID 865 0124 0445 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86501240445
To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
7:00 PM – CALL REGULAR MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications and information are available on the Town website, or by contacting the Town Clerk Michele Gardner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planning Commission: 1 vacancy
- Climate Action Committee up to 3 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 2 vacancies
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org to subscribe.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION:
This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to 3 minutes, groups to 5 minutes, subject to the Mayor’s discretion. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Approve minutes for the Town Council meetings of October 7 and 28, and November 4 and 18, 2020 –Town Clerk
- Ratify the allocation of an additional $30,000 to the Town’s Residential Rental Assistance Program to assist extremely low-income renters whose household incomes were adversely affected by COVID-19 – Town Manager
- Receive update on the community process for renaming Sir Francis Drake Blvd.– Town Manager
- Authorize the extension of the deadline for employees to use the Federal COVID-19 Emergency Family and Medical Leave to September 1, 2021 – Town Manager
- Discuss/consider the Residents’ Petition submitted per Town Code, regarding the establishment of a skate/scooter park on Town property and refer the matter to the Parks and Recreation Commission (PARC) for analysis and recommendation– Town Manager
- Discuss/consider the concept of forming a Community Emergency/Disaster Preparedness Committee and appoint an Ad-Hoc Council Subcommittee to develop a recommendation for the Committee’s role and structure (continued from December 2 and 16, 2020 meetings) – Town Manager
- Introduce an Ordinance Amending Section 8.36.030 (“Tree Advisory Committee”) of the Town Code to set terms for at-large members by resolution; categorically exempt from CEQA (continued from December 16, 2020 meeting) – Town Manager
- Make Council Board & Committee Assignments for 2021 – Town Clerk
Supplement: Draft 2021 Council Assignments
- This item is continued to the February 3, 2021 Town Council Meeting.
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner, Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees, and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of Georgia Anker
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.