Town Council Meeting: January 16, 2019
7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:45 p.m. at Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
5:45 PM – Call to order – Public comment – Adjourn to closed session on the following matter:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION Government Code section 54956.9(d)(2) and (e)(1): one case
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions:3 on the Climate ActionCommittee. 2 on the Tree Advisory Committee. 1 on the Open Space Committee. 1 on the Parks and Recreation Commission. 1 on theVolunteer Board. For information and applications visit www.townoffairfax.org or contact the Town Clerk.
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.,volunteers needed.
Certificate of appreciation to Monty Stephens for his service on the Fairfax Parks and Recreation Commission – Mayor Coler
Proclamation in honor of Rose Tabor – Mayor Coler
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Individuals have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports November 2018 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the October 10, and December 5 and 31, 2018 Town Council meetings – Town Clerk
- Reappoint Esther Parber-Gonzalez to the Planning Commission – Town Manager
- Reappoint Cindy Swift to the Planning Commission – Town Manager
- Reappoint Jesse Hoffman to the Volunteer Board – Town Clerk
- Receive report regarding the deployment of Conducted Energy Devices (aka “Tasers”) by the Police Department, with quarterly updates to the Council for the initial 12-month period – Police Chief Morin
- Approve sponsorship of the Little League Opening Day Parade on March 16, 2019 – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Endorsing the Declaration of a Climate Emergency and Requesting Regional Collaboration on an Immediate Just Transition and Emergency Mobilization Effort to Restore a Safe Climate – Councilmembers Ackerman and Lacques
- Introduce and read by title only an ordinance amending Town Code Chapter 17.112 PDD Planned Development District Zone, which amends Section 17.112.040 (B) to establish a maximum residential density based on an objective development standard of parcel slope; exempt under CEQA Guidelines Section 15060(c)(2), 15061(b)(3), and 15305. – Planning Director
- Discuss/consider comments from the Planning Commission regarding amendments to Title 19 (‘Telecommunications’) of the Fairfax Municipal Code regarding wireless telecommunications facilities (aka 5G or small cell) – Town Manager
- Discuss/consider Council Board & Committee Assignments for 2019 – Town Clerk
- Discuss/consider the establishment of a Citizen of the Year Award – Mayor Coler
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
ADJOURNMENT in Memory of
William Sagar, Marguerite Marie Kelly, Errol Matthew Friedman, and Peter Arrigoni