Town Council Meeting: January 16, 2018
7:00 am Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at 7:00 p.m.
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
And a Special Meeting in Open Session to Conduct Interviews at 6:30 p.m., Fairfax Women’s Club
SPECIAL MEETING in closed session, Fairfax Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road, Fairfax
5:30 PM – Call to order – Public comment – Adjourn to closed session on the following matters:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION pursuant to Government Code section 54957:
Title: Town Attorney
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code section 54956.9(d)(2) and (e)(1): one case
SPECIAL MEETING TO CONDUCT INTERVIEWS, Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax
6:30 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting – ROLL CALL
INTERVIEWS AND APPOINTMENTS
- Interview and Appointment of applicant to the Open Space Committee – Town Clerk
REGULAR MEETING, Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports November 2017 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the December 6, 2017 Town Council meeting – Town Clerk
- Approve the Notice of Completion for the 300 Tamalpais Roadway Stabilization Project – Town Manager
- Receive updated Climate Action Plan Scorecard – Vice Mayor Coler
- Notice of amendment to Management Resolution for management employees – Town Manager
- Ratify Vice Mayor Coler’s letter in opposition to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Draft Resolution E-4907, which would expand the CPUC’s regulatory oversight over Community Choice Aggregation – Vice Mayor Coler
- Second Notice and approval of Amendment to Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with SEIU Local 1021 (Fairfax non-management employees) – Town Manager
- Receive report on status of environmental assessment phase for the Meadow Way Bridge replacement project, approve alternative “half retaining wall-half rip-rap” design, and approve Amendment No. 6 to the agreement with California Infrastructure Consultancy (CIC) to increase the contract amount by $32,738 for additional services to address right of way discrepancies, for a total not to exceed Agreement amount of $2,210,678 – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution to Borrow $500,000 from the County of Marin to Finance Infrastructure Projects per the Town’s Adopted FY17-18 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Budget – Town Manager, Finance Director
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
- Discuss FAQ to address issues raised during the recent election period – Town Manager
- Receive report on the cannabis panel discussion and results of the cannabis on-line survey – Planning Director
- Receive report on Ross Valley Fire Department’s (RVFD) discussions regarding the recruitment of a new Fire Chief including the shared leadership model with the Marin County Fire – Town Manager
- Consider Council Board and Committee Assignments for 2018 – Town Clerk
- Second reading by title only and adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 9.28, Entitled “Social Host Accountability” of the Fairfax Municipal Code to Prohibit Loud or Unruly Gatherings Where Marijuana is Served to, Ingested by or in Possession of Underage Persons; Adding Party Buses and Limousines to the Gatherings where Loud and Unruly Parties are Prohibited; and Adding Participation and Graduation from a Juvenile Diversion Plan or Payment of a Civil Fine. CEQA Categorical Exemption, CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(3) and 15061(b)(3) – Town Manager
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In accordance with Government Code Section 54954.2(a), there shall be no discussion, debate and/or action taken on any request, other than the Town Council providing direction to staff to place the matter of business on a future agenda.
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 458-2343 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.
To receive Town Council agendas by email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: PDF Documents require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader