7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee has up to 3 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 1 vacancy
- Planning Commission: 2 terms will expire on 01/31/20 and 2/29/20 respectively
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org to subscribe.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Individuals generally have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action. In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member, for separate discussion and vote.
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports November 2019 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the December 4, 2019 and December 18, 2019 Regular and Special Town Council meetings –Town Clerk
- Receive update that the Marinda Heights project application is on hold pending the Council approval of an EIR professional services agreement, which has yet to be scheduled for consideration –Town Manager
- Receive written report on Councilmember’s assignments, committees, and activities in December –Town Clerk
- Second reading and adoption of an ordinance entitled, “An Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax amending Chapter 17.048 of the Fairfax Town Code Relating to Accessory Dwelling Units and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units and determining the ordinance to be exempt from CEQA” – Planning and Building Services Director
- Adopt a resolution establishing maximum rates collected by Marin Sanitary Service for Solid Waste Services, to be effective January 1, 2020, and approving a Second Amendment to the Contract Between the Town of Fairfax and Marin Sanitary Service – Town Manager
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance Incorporating the Requirement for a Hill Area Residential Development Overlay Zone Permit into the Multiple-family Residential – Senior-Residential Zone (Town Code Chapter 17.090), the Planned Development PDD District (Town Code Chapter 17.112), the Upland Residential UR-7 and UR-10 Zones (Town Code Chapter 17.124), the Single-family Residential Master Plan SF-RMP District (Town Code Chapter 17.116), and Amending the Hill Area Residential Development Overlay Zone (Town Code Chapter 17.072); Exempt from CEQA pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2), 15061(b)(3), 15378 – Planning and Building Services Director
- Discuss/consider report from the Cascade working group regarding the Cascade Drive striping project – Town Manager
- Consider Council board and committee assignments for 2020 – Town Clerk
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS