6:30 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Wednesday, February 7, 2024 | 6:30 p.m.
Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax CA
Zoom Webinar ID 880 3100 1183
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION NOTICE
In-person and remote participation
Regular Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Hybrid meeting at the Fairfax Women’s Club and via Zoom
6:30 PM – CALL TO ORDER – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Open Time for Public Expression (up to 30 minutes)
This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. All comments are limited to 2 minutes, subject to the mayor’s discretion. (Note: there is no extra time for groups.)The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2). If there are still raised hands after 30 minutes, Open Time will be continued to the end of the agenda.
1. Consideration of a Donation of $25,000 to the Fairfax-Anselmo Children’s Center (FXSACC) Solely for The Purpose of Purchasing the Property At 199 Porteous Avenue, Fairfax, From the Ross Valley School District So They May Continue to Operate the FXSACC at the Location, and Adopt Resolution Making Findings as Appropriate – Mayor Coler
2. Adopt a Resolution Rescinding Resolution No. 09-24 and Implement Updated Town-Wide Records Retention Schedule – Deputy Town Clerk, Christine Foster
Supplement to Agenda Item #2
3. Adopt A Resolution Authorizing the Display of Chamber of Commerce Banners on Downtown Light Posts; Authorize Use of Staff Time to Place Banners; Authorize Town Manager to Pay for Printing of Authorized Banners – Town Manager, Heather Abrams
Supplement to Agenda Item #3
4. Directed referral of Planning Commission Resolution No. 24-01 temporarily suspending Planning Commission Resolution 22-01 for Application #21-17 due to non-compliance with conditions of approval, plans and discretionary permits, including a Hill Area Residential Development Permit, Design Review Permit, Excavation Permit, Tree Removal Permit and Combined Side-yard Setback and Retaining Wall Height Variances for a Single-family Residence, Detached Garage/Accessory Dwelling Unit at 79 Wood Lane – Town Attorney, Janet Coleson
Supplement to Agenda Item #4
The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote. Public comment for items on the Consent Calendar happens all at once, rather than after each individual item. During the public comment period on Consent items, speakers may comment on any items from this section of the agenda. Each speaker will have up to two minutes and may only speak once.
5. Receive Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports for December 2023 – Finance Director, Michael Vivrette
6. Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in January 2024 – Deputy Town Clerk Christine Foster
7. Receive Treasurer’s Report for Quarter Ending December 31, 2023 – Town Treasurer, Janet Garvin
8. Receive Fairfax Department of Recreation and Community Services Quarterly Financial October to December Report – Recreation and Community Services Manager, Anne Mannes
9. Waive Second Reading, Read by Title Only and Adopt an Ordinance Amending Title 17 (Zoning) of the Fairfax Municipal Code to Update Chapters: 17.012 (Zone Districts Established); 17.092 (CL Limited Commercial Zone); 17.096 (CH Highway Commercial Zone); and 17.100 (CC Central Commercial Zone); and adding 17.126 (Workforce Housing Overlay Zone). Adoption of this Ordinance is Consistent with the Environmental Impact Report Prepared for the Recently Adopted 2023-31 Housing Element – Planning & Building Services Director, Jeff Beiswenger
10. Adopt Resolution Amending the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Fairfax Police Officers’ Association (POA) to Approve Revised Side Letter to 2018-2022 Fairfax Police Officers’ Association Agreement for CalPERS Compliance – Town Manager, Heather Abrams and Town Attorney, Janet Coleson
11. Adopt Resolution Amending Annual Salary Schedule for Fiscal Year 2023-24 to Reflect Previously Approved Salary Adjustments – Town Manager, Heather Abrams
12. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Town Manager to Execute an Interagency Agreement with San Anselmo for Climate Action Coordinator Services – Town Manager, Heather Abrams
13. Reappoint Robert Jansen to the Planning Commission – Deputy Town Clerk, Christine Foster
15. Proclamation Celebrating Black History Month – Mayor Coler
16. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Temporary Closure of Certain Streets to Facilitate the Fairfax Little League Opening Day Parade on March 9, 2024, and Approve Sponsorship of the Parade — Deputy Town Clerk, Christine Foster
17. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Town Manager to Collaborate with Marin County on the Submittal of the Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) Grant Application for the Bolinas Road Project – Town Manager, Heather Abrams
Future Agenda Items
(Council Members may bring up items they would like to discuss at future Council Meetings.)
Council Reports and Comments
Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees, and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.
Town Manager’s Report
In memory of Jim Ringseis, Dirk Ooijkaas, and Philip Joseph Soldavini Jr.
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.
Meetings are be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.
This meeting notice was posted in accordance with Gov. Code section 54954.2(a)(1) on or before February 2, 2024.