Town Council Meeting: February 6, 2019
7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Regular Fairfax Town Council Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
Preceded by a Special Meeting at 6:00 p.m. to Conduct Interviews at The Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:15 p.m. at Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
5:15 PM – Call to order – Public comment – Adjourn to closed session on the following matter:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)
Gina Farr and Douglas Smith v. Town of Fairfax, et al.,Marin Superior Court No. CIV 1800433
6:00 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting
1. Interview and appoint an applicant to fill the vacancy on the Artist-in-Residence collaborative – Recreation Manager
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
Presentation of a Proclamation in honor of Holly Bragman – Mayor Coler
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions:Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee: up to 3 vacancies.
- Tree Committee: 2 vacancies, 1 anticipated; applications are being accepted now
- Open Space: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Volunteer Board: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.,volunteers needed.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters noton the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Individuals have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
1. Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports December 2018 – Finance Director
2. Receive Treasurer’s Report as of December 31, 2018 – Town Treasurer
3. Approve minutes for the September 26, 2018, January 16 and 23, 2019 Town Council meetings – Town Clerk
4. Approve $46,000 in funding to expand the Defensible Space Inspection Program operated by the Ross Valley Fire Department – Town Manager
5. Adopt a Resolution Approving the Designation of U.S. Bicycle Route 95 (USBR 95) Connecting San Anselmo to Unincorporated County through Fairfax – Town Manager
6. Adopt a Resolution Appointing a Second Alternate to the Marin Emergency Radio Authority Board of Directors (MERA) – Town Clerk
7. Adopt a Resolution in support of HR 530, a congressional bill to reinstate local zoning authority over small cell wireless (5G) deployments by reversing recent FCC actions – Town Manager
8. Adopt a Resolution Adopting the 2018 Marin County Multi-Jurisdictional Local Hazard Mitigation Plan – Town Manager
9. Receive report regarding the deployment of Conducted Energy Devices (aka “Tasers”) by the Police Department, with quarterly updates to the Council for the initial 12-month period – Police Chief Morin
10. Second reading and adoption by title only of an Ordinance amending Town Code Chapter 17.112 PDD Planned Development District Zone, which amends Section 17.112.040 (B) to establish a maximum residential density based on an objective development standard of parcel slope; exempt under CEQA Guidelines Section 15060(c)(2), 15061(b)(3), and 15305. – Planning Director
Supplement regarding Canon Village
Supplement regarding Meadowlands
11. Discuss/consider options regarding reducing maximum home sizes from 5,000 square feet to 3,500 square feet –Planning Director
12. Discuss/consider the establishment of a Citizen of the Year Award – Mayor Coler
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of Steve Vanni, former Fairfax Town Councilmember
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.