7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Preceded by a Special Meeting at 6:40 pm to Conduct Interview in the Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:40 pm at Town Hall 142 Bolinas Road, Fairfax
SPECIAL MEETING IN CLOSED SESSION, Fairfax Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road, Fairfax
5:30PM – Call to order – Public comment – Adjourn to closed session on the following matter:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6
Agency designated representative: Garrett Toy, Town Manager; Employee Organization: Fairfax Police Officers Association
6:40 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting (open to the public), Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
- Interview and discuss/consider appointment of applicant to the Fairfax Open Space Committee – Town Clerk
REGULAR MEETING (open to the public), Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications and information are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk.
- Climate Action Committee has up to 3 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 1 vacancy
- Planning Commission has 1 scheduled vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
Victory Village will be opening its Waitlist on Feb. 15. For details, visit www.townoffairfax.org.
Subscribe to receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email at www.townoffairfax.org.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Depending on the number of speakers, individuals have 2 to 3 minutes to speak; 4 to 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
Fairfax Volunteer Board Annual Report – Volunteer Board Chair
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action. In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member, for separate discussion and vote.
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports December 2019 – Finance Director
- Receive Treasurer’s Report as of December 31, 2019 – Town Treasurer
- Approve minutes for the January 15, 2020 Town Council meeting –Town Clerk
- Receive written report on Councilmember’s assignments, committees, and activities in January –Town Clerk
- Authorize Mayor Goddard to send a letter in support of SB 431 regarding Cell Tower Reliability During Power Outages – Town Manager
- Receive annual report from Sustainable Fairfax regarding its recycling, green waste, and public education/outreach services to implement the mandates of the Town’s Zero Waste grant – Town Manager
- Approve Agricultural Community Event Farmers Market right of entry agreement to continue to operate a Farmers’ Market in Bolinas Park in 2020 and 2021 – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Town Manager to Collaborate with Marin County and other Local Marin Jurisdictions in Applying for Building Jobs and Homes Act Planning Grant (SB 2) Program Grant Funding to Develop Objective Development Standards, Facilitate Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Projects, and Develop Inclusionary Housing Requirements) – Planning Director
- Adopt a Resolution in Support of Measure C - Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority – Town Clerk
- This item has been continued to the March 4, 2020 Town Council Meeting 80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner
- Second reading by title only and adoption of an Ordinance Incorporating the Requirement for a Hill Area Residential Development Overlay Zone Permit into the Multiple-family Residential – Senior-Residential Zone (Town Code Chapter 17.090), the Planned Development PDD District (Town Code Chapter 17.112), the Upland Residential UR-7 and UR-10 Zones (Town Code Chapter 17.124), the Single-family Residential Master Plan SF-RMP District (Town Code Chapter 17.116), and Amending the Hill Area Residential Development Overlay Zone (Town Code Chapter 17.072); Exempt from CEQA pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2), 15061(b)(3), 15378 – Town Manager
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance amending Chapter 8.20 of the Fairfax Municipal Code “Noise Control” to regulate the use of back-up, emergency generators during prolonged power outages; CEQA exempt per CEQA Guidelines Section 15269c– Town Manager
- Introduce and read by title only Ordinance Amending Chapter 8.72 of the Fairfax Municipal Code Regulating Single-Use Foodware to clarify that the 25-cent charge applies to all disposable cups; CEQA exempt per CEQA guidelines Sections15061(b)(3),15307, and 15308 – Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS ((Verbal reports by Councilmembers regarding highlights of their committee assignments, activities, and events. A written report is on the Consent Calendar.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of Kathy Williams and Sharon Olson
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.