REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, February 3, 2021, at 7:00 pm
Preceded by a Special Meeting at 6:40 pm to Conduct Interview
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via tele- and videoconference only. There will be no in-person physical meeting location.
The public will be able to participate in the meeting by any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Webinar ID 814 0742 3243 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81407423243
To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
6:40 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting (open to the public)
- Interview and discuss/consider appointment of applicant to the Fairfax Open Space Committee – Town Clerk
7:00 PM – CALL REGULAR MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
County-wide Community Forum co-sponsored by Marin County District Attorney Lori Frugoli and Patrice O’Neil, founder of Not In Our Town to address recent incident involving acts of hate, February 4 at 5:00pm.
Fairfax Community Listening Session re SFD Renaming, Saturday, Feb. 6 from 10 am to noon.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications and information are available on the Town website, or by contacting the Town Clerk Michele Gardner, email@example.com.
- Planning Commission: 1 vacancy
- Climate Action Committee up to 3 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 2 vacancies
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org to subscribe.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION:
This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to 3 minutes, groups to 5 minutes, subject to the Mayor’s discretion. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Receive approved list of Councilmember Board and Committee assignments and Council reports on their activities in December and January –Town Clerk
- Approve minutes for the Town Council meetings of November 18 and December 2, 2020 –Town Clerk
Supplement (added): page 4 of 11/18/20 Minutes
- Adopt a Resolution Approving the Deputy Town Clerk/ Assistant to the Town Manager job classification – Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution establishing salary range for the Deputy Town Clerk/Assistant to the Town Manager job classification and special administrative leave for the Marketing and Communications Specialist position –Town Manager
- Receive status update on the potential location of a temporary skate/scooter park scheduled for consideration at the February 17th Council meeting – Town Manager, Ad Hoc Subcommittee
Supplement (added): Materials from the Proponents
- Reappoint Lisel Blash to the Affordable Housing Committee – Town Clerk
- Adopt a resolution Authorizing Application for, and Receipt of, Local Government Planning Support Grant Program Funds – Town Manager
- Second reading by title only and adoption of an Ordinance Amending Section 8.36.030 (“Tree Advisory Committee”) of the Town Code to set terms for at-large members by resolution; categorically exempt from CEQA – Town Manager
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance Adding Section 15.04.065 “Electric Vehicle Charging Stations” to Chapter 15.04, Construction Codes, and Setting Forth Procedures for Expedited Permit Processing for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, which readopts (with minor revisions) the previous Town Code Section 15.04.065; Class 3 CEQA Categorical Exemption – Planning Director, Town Manager
- This item is continued to the March 3, 2021 Town Council Meeting.
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner, Town Manager
- Discuss/consider the concept of forming a Community Emergency/Disaster Preparedness Committee and appoint an Ad-Hoc Council Subcommittee to develop a recommendation for the Committee’s role and structure (continued from December 2 and 16, 2020, and January 20, 2021 meetings) – Town Manager
- Adopt two resolutions: (a) Resolution Setting Terms for At-Large Members of the Tree Advisory Committee; and (b) Resolution Amending the Interview and Appointment Policy to Amend the Process for the Tree Advisory Committee – Town Manager
- Authorize the Town Manager to purchase two wooden play structures from BEARS Playgrounds in a total amount not to exceed $112,000 including installation costs – Town Manager
- Consider request from the Climate Action Committee to prepare an ordinance to ban natural gas in new residential developments – Town Manager
Supplement (added): Climate Action Committee Resolution
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees, and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In Memory of Joseph (Joe) T. Lordan
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.