7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:45 p.m. at Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road
And a Special Meeting in Open Session to Conduct Interviews at 6:30 p.m. at the Fairfax Women’s Club
SPECIAL MEETING IN CLOSED SESSION, Fairfax Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road, Fairfax
5:45 PM – Call to order – Public comment – Adjourn to closed session on the following matter:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code section 54956.9(d)(2), (e)(1): one case
SPECIAL MEETING TO CONDUCT INTERVIEWS, Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax
6:30 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting – ROLL CALL
INTERVIEWS AND APPOINTMENTS
1. Interview and Appointment of Applicant to the Climate Action Committee – Town Clerk
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Request for Proposals to fill 1 of 3 Artist-in-Residence positions for a 2-year term. Open to all types of artists (poet, dancer, sculptor, actor, musician, etc.), the program seeks to bring the creative experience to the residents of Fairfax. Visit townoffairfax.orgfor the RFP and more information.
Fairfax Craft Faire, Saturday, Dec. 8, 11am-5 pm, at the Pavilion, sponsored by Fairfax Recreation
Wreathmaking/Caroling/Potluck, Sunday, Dec. 9, 2-5 pm, Women’s Club, sponsored by Fairfax Volunteers.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions:up to 4 on Climate ActionCommittee; 3 on Tree Committee. 2 terms on the Planning Commission expire at the end of 2018. Applications are available at Town Hall and on Town website. Contact the Town Clerk for more information.
The next Town Council regular meeting will be Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.,volunteers needed.
1. Adopt a Resolution reciting the fact of the Special Election held on November 6, 2018, declaring the result and such other matters as provided by law – Town Clerk
2. Reorganization of the Town Council: Selection of Mayor and Vice Mayor – Town Clerk
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters notlisted on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Individuals have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
3. Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports October 2018 – Finance Director
4. Approve minutes for the November 7, 2018, Town Council meeting – Town Clerk
5. Receive report on recertification of FEMA Community Rating System (CRS) resulting in flood insurance premium reduction for residents – Town Manager
6. Adopt a Resolution Adopting a Federally Funded Procurement Policy to Comply with the Office of Management and Budget Guidance for Federal Awards – Finance Director
7. Reappoint Marcia Custer to a full term on the Volunteer Board – Town Clerk
8. Authorize Town Manger to execute an agreement with R3 Consulting Group, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $25,000, to conduct a review of 2019 Marin Sanitary Services’ rate adjustment application – Town Manager
9. Authorize Town Manager to execute a Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement (JEPA)for the formation of an advisory group to provide oversight and guidance for yellow school bus services in the Ross Valley – Town Manager
10. Adopt Resolution amending the Town’s Administrative Purchasing Policy to increase the Town Manager’s contractual authority from $15,000 to $25,000 – Town Manager
11. Approve contract with Maggiora & Ghilotti to repair certain portions of Frustuck Ave. in an amount not to exceed $42,000 – Town Manager
14. Marin Mobile Care, the mobile shower pilot program: update and potential sites – Karen Strolia, Project Manager
15. Adopt a report describing the measures taken to alleviate the conditions which led to the adoption of Ordinance No. 821 (moratorium on housing development in the PDD Zone), and adopt Urgency Interim Zoning Ordinance Extending by 10 Months and 15 Days until November 7, 2019, a Temporary Moratorium on Housing Development Projects in the Planned Development District (PDD) Zone, Chapter 17.112 of the Fairfax Municipal Code, Pending Preparation of an Update to the Town’s Municipal and Zoning Codes; Exempt under CEQA Pursuant to Sections 15060(C)(2), 15061(B)(3) And 15308.–Planning Director
16. Second reading by title only and adoption of an Ordinanceto Permit Certain Medical Marijuana Dispensaries to Conduct Adult-Use (recreational) Cannabis Deliveries; exempt from CEQA pursuant to Sections 15061(b)(3), 15301, 15305 and 15183. – Town Manager
17. Second reading by title only and adoption of an OrdinanceAdding Chapter 5.56 entitled “Cannabis Businesses” to the Fairfax Municipal Code, Title 5 (“Business Taxes, Licenses and Regulations”), Division II (“Specific Business Regulations”) to Establish Regulations for Certain Medical Marijuana Dispensaries to Conduct Adult-Use Cannabis Deliveries; exempt from CEQA pursuant to Sections 15061(b)(3), 15183 and 15301– Town Manager
18. Adopt a ResolutionAdopting Permit Application Requirements and Terms for Certain Medical Marijuana Dispensaries to Conduct Retail Deliveries of Adult-Use Cannabis– Town Manager
19. Receive report on Parkade design process and discuss/consider options for approving the bid award for the project – Town Manager
20. Discuss/consider recommendations from Planning Commission regarding reduction in maximum home size – Planning Director
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS