7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cell phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Town Hall Offices will be closed December 24 through January 1, reopening Thursday, January 2, 2020.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee: up to 2 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Craft Fair: Saturday, Dec. 7 from 11am-5pm, at the Pavilion, Sponsored by Sustainable Fairfax and the Town of Fairfax Recreation Department
Caroling/Wreathmaking/Potluck: Sunday, Dec 8, from 2-5pm, at the Women’s Club, Sponsored by the Fairfax Volunteers
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Depending on the number of speakers, individuals have 2 to 3 minutes to speak; 4 to 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Approve minutes for the November 6, 2019 Town Council meeting – Deputy Town Clerk
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in November – Deputy Town Clerk
- Endorse San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo’s proposal to restructure PG&E from an Investor-led Company to a Customer-Owned Utility – Town Manager
- Approval of amended and restated employment agreement with the Town Manager – Mayor Coler
- Adopt a resolution establishing maximum rates collected by Marin Sanitary Service for Solid Waste Services, to be effective January 1, 2020, and approving a Second Amendment to the Contract Between the Town of Fairfax and Marin Sanitary Service – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution reciting the fact of the General Election held on November 5, 2019, declaring the result and such other matters as provided by law – Deputy Town Clerk
- Proclamation in Honor of Councilmember Peter Lacques – Mayor Coler
- Administer Oath of Office to newly elected officials – Deputy Town Clerk
- Reorganization of the Town Council: Selection of Mayor and Vice Mayor – Deputy Town Clerk
BREAK (15-20 min)
Reception for outgoing and newly elected Town Officials (refreshments provided)
Presentation on new State housing laws – Town Attorney
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports October 2019 – Finance Director
- Receive Treasurer’s report as of September 30, 2019 – Town Treasurer
- Reappoint Chance Cutrano to a full term on the Volunteer Board – Deputy Town Clerk
- Authorize the Town Manager to execute an agreement with the County of Marin to make traffic signal improvements for the Sir Francis Drake/Claus and the Sir Francis Drake/Willow intersections pursuant to a grant awarded to the County – Town Manager
- Appropriate funding from the Office Equipment Replacement Reserve (Fund 08-928) to purchase new computers/software for Town Hall to accommodate the Windows 10 operating system – Town Manager
- Adopt a resolution establishing the regular Town Council meeting date for January 2020 and confirm the 2020 meeting calendar – Deputy Town Clerk
- Approve reimbursement agreement with FIRESafe MARIN to advance funds- the Town will be reimbursed by a CAL FIRE grant- for FIRESafe MARIN’s work to reduce roadside vegetation and improve evacuation routes in Cascade Canyon, Manor Hill, Deer Park, and Forrest Avenue – Town Manager
- Second reading and adoption of an Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Chapter 8.68 of the Town Municipal Code Regarding SmartMeters and Related Equipment to Extend the Prohibition on the Installation of SmartMeters until the Town Council determines that the privacy, safety, accuracy and health effects of SmartMeters have been adequately addressed; CEQA exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3), Sections 15307 and 15308 – Town Manager
- Receive update that the EIR professional services agreement for the Marinda Heights project will be rescheduled for a future meeting to be determined – Planning and Building Services Director
- Discuss/consider revisions to the Cascade Striping project – Town Manager
- Authorize the Town Manager to retain a contractor to build the replacement bus shelter located in the Parkade – Town Manager
- Introduce and adopt An Urgency Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax amending Chapter 17.048 of the Fairfax Town Code Relating to Accessory Dwelling Units and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units and determining the ordinance to be exempt from CEQA – Planning and Building Services Director
- Introduce and read by title only an Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax amending Chapter 17.048 of the Fairfax Town Code Relating to Accessory Dwelling Units and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units and determining the ordinance to be exempt from CEQA– Planning and Building Services Director
- Second reading and adoption of an ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Chapter 15.04 of the Town of Fairfax Municipal Code and Adopting by Reference the 2019 California Building Standards Code, California Code of Regulations, Title 24, Parts 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11 and 12, Which Consists of the California Administrative, Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, Historical Building, Existing Building, Green Building Standards, and Referenced Standards Codes, and Adopting the 2018 Edition of the International Property Maintenance Code Together With Certain Additions, Insertions, Deletions and Changes Thereto; Exempt from CEQA pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) and Cal. Public Resources Code section 21080(b)(4) – Building Official
- Second reading and adoption of an ordinance entitled, “An Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax Amending Chapters 8.04 and 8.06 of the Town of Fairfax Municipal Code, Adopting by Reference the 2019 California Fire Code, Portions of the 2018 International Fire Code, and Appendix A of the 2018 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code, With Certain Additions, Insertions, Deletions and Changes Thereto; CEQA exempt from pursuant to CEQA guidelines Section 15061 (b)(3) and Public Resources Code section 21080(b)(4) – Fire Marshal, Fire Inspector
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In Memory of Everett Lloyd Stiller
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.